General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got Rear Ended By A Texter

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 06:00 PM
OldCoddger
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is not only Ky where they are given welfare cases, it is nation wide, the US Congress funded it thru the FCC. Not only do they get them the phones, they give them, I think, $30 per month to pay the bills. Info can be found on FCC site at the link below.

http://www.lifeline.gov/lifeline_Consumers.html

I got in touch with our Rep in congress and he defended it due to people not having access to phones, Bull Chit, and this congressman is supposed to be a conserative.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:00 PM
mi2az
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was on the freeway the other day in stop and go and even slow traffic on my bike here in PHX. I looked next to me and this F'ing lady was reading a F'ing book while she was driving. Totally pissed me off. I knock on her window and started screaming at her to drive a quit reading.

And as for Cell Phones, The government gives Cell Phones to welfare F's and we pay for it.

But, I really feel bad for the wreck. You must be mad as hell. They need to take her DL away, there are no excuses.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Pagan48
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't be silly. She'll lawyer up with some ghetto Lawyer who will probably sue the OP and the driver of the car she hit.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:09 PM
dyna105
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 2>4
Just reading your story makes me pissed. I can't believe how many people are on their phones while driving. In my opinion it should be illegal in every state.

Have to agree to that! The cell phones are all gps capable, have them
where they will not transmit or receive with any speed over 5mph. You need to talk that bad pull over. My daughter has a car that the thing will not star without dialing someone first, To the OP, glad to hear that the 2 of you are ok. Hope this does not stop either of you from riding.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:37 PM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2>4
Just reading your story makes me pissed. I can't believe how many people are on their phones while driving. In my opinion it should be illegal in every state.
You and me both. It's worse than drunk driving. Drunks at least make an attempt to focus on the road, texters make no attempt at all. To the OP, hope you and your wife are ok, but do lawyer up.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:47 PM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
welfare and can afford a cell to text on........
I saw a homeless guy, panhandling on the intersection corner talking on his phone holding a sign that said "homeless and broke, anything helps"

Mark

Old 10-30-2010, 06:52 PM
JC650
Road Captain

Wtf I always worry about that. Society has made it too easy for people to live.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:57 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Every time I stop at a light I pray that some ditsy idiot rear ends me while texting destroying my bike and leaving me with just minor injuries. That's the only way I'm gonna get my new Roadglide Ultra the way I see it. By the time I get done suing the stupid (well, you know) I'd be able to afford a new bike and a new house!

Old 10-30-2010, 07:25 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,354 Likes on 2,533 Posts

Originally Posted by dyna105
Have to agree to that! The cell phones are all gps capable, have them
where they will not transmit or receive with any speed over 5mph. You need to talk that bad pull over.
and i'll bet you'd be the first one to bitch because you couldn't use your cell phone while you were a passenger in someone's car, on a bus, train, etc.....

that is not the answer. people should be held culpable and the current laws enforced. i'm sure every state has a law on the books concerning distracted driving. don't need 'cell phone specific' laws. distracted driving is distracted driving, whether it be on the phone, tuning in the radio, eating a burger, etc.

the flip side of all this is that i would bet that most of the people bitching about someone on the cell phone, are the same ones that bitch when they get a speeding ticket, saying that the police should be better utilizing their time looking for 'real' criminals instead of pulling them over for 12 over the limit. so basically what they are saying is that them speeding is not 'real' crime, but the dumb bitch on her phone is...... double standard much?

and just for the record, i am not in favor of people using cell phones while driving. i have been known to holler 'get off the phone' in their window when i see it or drop a gear and up the rpms and sit right next to the drivers door......

the real problem is that a lot of people today have this entitlement attitude. rules apply to everyone else, but them. because after all, no one else can multitask as well as they can.

i'll get off my soapbox now.

to the op, i'm glad that you were relatively unscathed, it could have been much worse.

Last edited by skratch; 10-30-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:52 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

last two hits I've taken where from the rear,, thankful I was in the cages both times..

I agree also that the C-phones are causing a looooot of wrecks and a high % of them are rear enders that are usually end up with pretty bad results.

glad Ur both not hurt..

Quick Reply: Got Rear Ended By A Texter