General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power supply for heated Glove liners....

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 06:29 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

OK, its all making sense now. The liners come with a couple plugs on each liner and a Y plug a couple feet long. I buy that coax adapter you posted and plug it into my battery tender plug. So I assume its just either on or off, as far as simple liners go, correct? If they get to hot, unplug them, if your hands are cold, plug them in, no?

Old 10-29-2010, 06:40 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
I'm ordering a set of heated Glove Liners this week. I decided to go with the hard wired liners vs. the battery powered liners based on the boards overwhelming preference to the hard wired gloves and liners. Here's my question. I have so much junk already wired to my battery such as my GPS, cigarette outlet plug for my wifes MP3 player, pigtail for my battery tender and of course the motorcycle cables them selves that I'm running out of room to hook another set of wires to the dang battery!!! So my question is, can I use any of those plugs already hanging on the bike like the battery tender pigtail or the cigarette lighter plug to power my glove liners? If so, what brand liners or gloves use these plugs? If I have to put more wires on the battery, I will, but it sure would be nice to use a plug thats already hanging on the bike. Opinions please.
Are you riding a winnebago or a motorcycle? You'd best slap a Honda generator on the pillion seat (I'd refer to it as a 'bitch pad' but you're obviously married to a wonderful woman if all she really demands is to have power for her MP3 player) to handle all that crap!

Last edited by krusty1; 10-29-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:48 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by krusty1
Are you riding a winnebago or a motorcycle? You'd best slap a Honda generator on the pillion seat (I'd refer to it as a 'bitch pad' but you're obviously married to a wonderful woman if all she really demands is to have power for her MP3 player) to handle all that crap!
Hey, I'm managing all this nonsense on a Dyna no less. Not a Road Sofa like most of the long haulers on this site. Yeah, the wife is tougher than me. "I'm" the one who needs the heated gloves. All she needs is her MP3 and she's good.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:57 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, I'm managing all this nonsense on a Dyna no less. Not a Road Sofa like most of the long haulers on this site. Yeah, the wife is tougher than me. "I'm" the one who needs the heated gloves. All she needs is her MP3 and she's good.
Then she's a real 'keeper'....I've looked back and found mine fast asleep as I sweep through mountain curves at 90 mph.

And Dynas are real bikes, not 'road sofa's' as you say, and one hell of a lot easier to clean and work on than some barge of a bagger!

Old 10-30-2010, 05:36 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

OK, its all making sense now. The liners come with a couple plugs on each liner and a Y plug a couple feet long. I buy that coax adapter you posted and plug it into my battery tender plug. So I assume its just either on or off, as far as simple liners go, correct? If they get to hot, unplug them, if your hands are cold, plug them in, no?

You will also want a switch. Its a 6-8 inch cable with a lighted switch that plugs between the pigtail and the gloves. Unplugging and re-plugging is nearly impossible while riding, turniong the switch on or off is easy.

You can also use a heat-troller. Buy the Dual, as you will eventually want to add a vest or jacket liner, and would then have to replace the single for the dual..

Old 10-30-2010, 05:37 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Your hands are exposed...she can keep hers in her pocket LOL