General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you ever run from the cops

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 12:16 PM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

If I could I would, why stop if you can get away ? Mommy told me different though and I see she has a few freinds here.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:25 PM
flash1034
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts

The karma police will certainly make you pay for your decision. I feel sorry for the next motorcyclist he stops that will have to pay for your stupid decision to flee.

Flash

Old 10-29-2010, 12:31 PM
BADBREW
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure when I was young (14/15). Would cut across yards and fields where their cars couldn't follow. Would I now...um judgement call.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:47 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,267 Likes on 1,311 Posts

Originally Posted by ktm_scott
I did it as a kid on my dirt bike many times. There were too many of us riding home on the streets from the trails and we would all just split in different directions. If memory serves, none of us ever got caught. I don't have the ***** to try it these days. Outrunning a cop is one thing. Outrunning a radio is entirely different.
Me too. Never caught me either. Nobody gonna catch me on a dirt road unless I want them to with a dirt bike. A good friend of mine wasn't so lucky. I saw his bike dangling from the hook of a tow truck one day. Made me feel a little queasy.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:51 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by carlgrover
Me too. Never caught me either. Nobody gonna catch me on a dirt road unless I want them to with a dirt bike. A good friend of mine wasn't so lucky. I saw his bike dangling from the hook of a tow truck one day. Made me feel a little queasy.
why? he wasn't still sittin on it, was he?

Old 10-29-2010, 12:54 PM
SoonerSoftail
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Once when I was much younger and way more stupid. I was with a few buddies and we were skipping 2nd hour in high school to go buy our beverages (from a liquor store that would sell to anyone) for a party that night. I was going about 30 in a 25 school zone and saw the red lights came on behind me. I took off into a residential neighborhood and made enough turns before the cop could see that I got away.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:57 PM
MidnightFLHX11
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

It would have a be a judgment call for me. If I knew he had to go around construction and come back as you said, I'd play it off as I didn't understand what he said or I took what he said as a warning and moved along. Sure it wouldn't play up in court but if he was passing you, how does he know you were paying attention to his motions?

I have loud pipes too, I've never been pulled over for them though. As for those on here saying that loud pipes are stupid and un-necessary, I'm sure you have something on your bike or that you wear that I would think is stupid as well.

It was a question, not necessary to bicker back and fourth about what is right and what isnt. Everyone has or will do something that they'll regret sometime in their life. So be it and move on.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:18 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

yes.........

Old 10-29-2010, 01:25 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Just once in our AC Cobra.One morning early out in farm country doing what I do a lot,going up through the gears with the hammer down,and at about 110mph looked up ahead and recognised a sheriff in a 4wd.Never touching the brakes just slowing down on compression,realised it was a very young LEO who looked very anxious.As we passed each other me still 20+ over the limit and no brakes on it was obvious he was upset.Looking in my mirror could see he was slowing fast to turn around so the hammer was down again,this time headed straight for home.Never heard a thing,also been riding Harleys since 62 and only been stopped once drunk and they let me go.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:39 PM
fatguy-littlebike
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a few times but always in cars, all succesful attempts

Quick Reply: Have you ever run from the cops