General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you ever run from the cops

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 04:03 PM
tgreen
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running Scared

Yeah, I remember one time, 18 years old, I was on my 650 BSA with a set of TT pipes(straight of course) when a cop pulled along side at a red light. He motioned me to get going when the light changed. I wanted him to go ahead because of the pipes. Sure enough he did and pulled over just past the on ramp to the highway(dumb) I was without my license and sure as hell didn't want another ticket!

As I approached the ramp, I said the hell with it and jumped on the highway. After about 3 miles I turned around and saw three of them coming my way. I jumped off the highway went about 1 mile made a hard right, then a quick left into some bushes and took off running. I made it to a buddy of mine's house, without giving it a thought, I called my Mom and told her to call the police and report my bike stolen. She did and after about 4 hours my Mom got a call "Mrs. Green, you won't believe it, we've recovered your son's motorcycle and had it towed to my house!! Unreal!!

Old 11-09-2010, 04:04 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 245 Likes on 158 Posts

I actually let one catch me on purpose once. I was doing about 45 in a neighborhood and came around a corner and there was a cop pointing radar right at me. He started to get back in his car, and I knew he was coming for me. There was another curve ahead, so I went around that and just pulled over, waiting for him. He came ripping around the curve and blew right past me, slammed on his brakes, and backed up. When he got out of the car, he could barely contain his laughter! He asked me why I pulled over, and I told him I knew I was being stupid going too fast through a neighborhood, and he laughed and told me to get out of there and slow down. I never speed through neighborhoods anymore, just everywhere else ;-)

TedMan

Old 11-09-2010, 11:32 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by TedMan
I actually let one catch me on purpose once. I was doing about 45 in a neighborhood and came around a corner and there was a cop pointing radar right at me. He started to get back in his car, and I knew he was coming for me. There was another curve ahead, so I went around that and just pulled over, waiting for him. He came ripping around the curve and blew right past me, slammed on his brakes, and backed up. When he got out of the car, he could barely contain his laughter! He asked me why I pulled over, and I told him I knew I was being stupid going too fast through a neighborhood, and he laughed and told me to get out of there and slow down. I never speed through neighborhoods anymore, just everywhere else ;-)

TedMan
I've gotten a lot of brownie points (Donut points?) for pulling over as soon as I see I'm snagged and he's coming after me. I would have to say, in each such situation, I was not given a ticket.