General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you ever run from the cops

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 03:56 PM
u wish u could ride
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

ive bailed on them several times on my zrx and busa.never on the lowrider.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Scream And Fly
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaysbobber
No...Never... My GSXR never ran from and eluded the cops.....
Riders like yourself are the reason sportbike riders get a bad rap - and bad accidents too. Bravo, you're cool.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:32 PM
djamann
Club Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once as a teenager, on foot. A bunch of us were at the HS parking lot during a football game. A friend wanted to leave a note on a girls car. As we were leaving the lot a cop drove by. After he passed one of us thought it would be fun to start running. We did and he flipped on his lights and was 'in persuit' We all got away, but it was pretty dumb. On a related note; a friend of mine eluded acoss a field on a snow mobile and got away clean. Until he got home and the cops were sitting in his driveway. I've always said, you can't out run a radio. And you know the cops radio it in as soon as they can

Old 11-06-2010, 04:36 PM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

Originally Posted by jarhead59
this statement cannot be defeated in debate nor improved upon.
horseshit ...

NOISE - there is too much of it - and if one biker roars through a residential area at 2300hrs waking everyone up... guess what...that "facilitates legislation" to stop it

EPA compliance aside (that won't be a basis for popular vote), it is how friggin noisy some bikes are ... a nice deep rumble isn't enough for some, 'you' have to negatively affect everyone around 'you' and 'you' feel they don't have a say in it ... but now 'you' see that they do have a say as the laws change and enforcement gets stricter.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Scratt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Back in the 70's when I was a teenager, Hair 3/4 down my back, black leather jacket, I would get stopped just walking down the road and have had my car pulled apart because I was breathing. I have and I will, but not if someone else will get hurt.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:13 PM
venger
Advanced

I used to work with a guy who had an older Yamaha sport bike, it was a real basket case. The bike was running like chit(it always did), so he was pulled over trying to adjust the carbs on the side of the road when a cop stopped behind him. He had a warrant out, so he hopped back on the (poorly running) bike and took off. Needless to say, he sat a night in jail after the POS bike died a mile down the road! If you hadn't noticed, he wasn't a very bright fella.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Jags93
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ktm_scott
I did it as a kid on my dirt bike many times. There were too many of us riding home on the streets from the trails and we would all just split in different directions. If memory serves, none of us ever got caught. I don't have the ***** to try it these days. Outrunning a cop is one thing. Outrunning a radio is entirely different.
Sounds like my childhood except where I grew up it was more streets than trails so we had to ride about 7-8 miles on roads just to get to the trails!

Old 11-07-2010, 06:54 AM
jarhead59
Tourer

Originally Posted by VsTheWorld
horseshit ...

NOISE - there is too much of it - and if one biker roars through a residential area at 2300hrs waking everyone up... guess what...that "facilitates legislation" to stop it

EPA compliance aside (that won't be a basis for popular vote), it is how friggin noisy some bikes are ... a nice deep rumble isn't enough for some, 'you' have to negatively affect everyone around 'you' and 'you' feel they don't have a say in it ... but now 'you' see that they do have a say as the laws change and enforcement gets stricter.
One of lifes simple truths: Give a man a job and he will do it.

Give a man a job to legislate and he will, if there nothing to legislate he will create legislation anyway, its his job.

If all of us ran quiet stock pipes do "you " believe they would stop legislatin your ***... I think not. MY proof... In the last 7 days the city of san francisco passed an ordinance BANNING TOYS IN HAPPY MEALS!!!

They injected themselves into the most sacred relationship on earth, basically deciding that parents were to stupid to make good decisions for their children. That being said, do "you" believe they think you're smart enough to make decisions on how you use the roads.

Besides, if you're runnin quiet pipes laws against me should have no effect on "you"

Old 11-07-2010, 07:19 AM
pottsy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jarhead59
That being said, do "you" believe they think you're smart enough to make decisions on how you use the roads.

Let's look at the facts. Title of thread - Have you ever run from the cops? You and several others think that you are entitled/required to run from cops. You aren't children, so by now you should know better. You feel those that don't run from the cops are sheep, and therefore not entitled to an opinion on the topic, because apparently obeying the law is wrong. I could go on, but I know I am talking to a dead zone. Bottom line, it appears that at least for some, they are smart enough to make decisions on how you use the roads.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:31 AM
DeckerDude
Road Master

Originally Posted by petemac
Hmmm....maybe I'm getting old, but I would have stayed there.
You're right..... You're getting old.

Quick Reply: Have you ever run from the cops