General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you ever run from the cops

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 02:56 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I wouldn't risk it unless I KNEW I could get away with it.

~Joe

Old 11-03-2010, 02:59 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
I wouldn't risk it unless I KNEW I could get away with it.

~Joe
not much of a risk then, is it?

Old 11-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Blargh
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in the original scenario, unless the cop was super clear what he wanted, i'd just wave and ride off ... if he catches up to me and lights me up then i'll pull over - i don't think thats 'running from the cops' just 'acting stupid (not hard for me) and pretending not to know what he wanted and hoping i get away with all my money still in my wallet'

as far as really 'running' as in they are chasing after me? nawp, not worth it - people tend to do stupid things when their blood is up ... and stupid things on two wheels doesn't always turn out too well for the rider. i have more money than i have desire to be locked up or busted up - too little time to be free on the planet as it is , why screw it up and lose more days sitting in jail or laying in the ER?

Old 11-03-2010, 03:58 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Blargh
in the original scenario, unless the cop was super clear what he wanted, i'd just wave and ride off ... if he catches up to me and lights me up then i'll pull over - i don't think thats 'running from the cops' just 'acting stupid (not hard for me) and pretending not to know what he wanted and hoping i get away with all my money still in my wallet'
In the original scenario, OP states:

"A cop was driving past and immediatly [sic] pointed and said STAY RIGHT THERE I could read his lips"

You couldn't be much more "super clear" than that! OP wasn't acting stupid. He KNEW what the cop said, knew he was in the wrong, and chose to run away instead of taking his medicine... like a MAN.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:06 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Haven't done it in going on 30+ yrs now but yes I've dodged them several times when younger and had nothing to lose not to mention way more ***** than brains . Lots more cops now and between radio's and helicopters your toast just watch youtube plus the *** whipping your going to get once your cuffed will go on for a while , everyone involved in the chase gets a crack at ya usually .

Old 11-03-2010, 04:12 PM
jarhead59
Tourer

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
In the original scenario, OP states:

"A cop was driving past and immediatly [sic] pointed and said STAY RIGHT THERE I could read his lips"

You couldn't be much more "super clear" than that! OP wasn't acting stupid. He KNEW what the cop said, knew he was in the wrong, and chose to run away instead of taking his medicine... like a MAN.
Yet another "he's not a man post". I'll determine whether I'm going to LET another man give me my medicine.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:39 PM
LRHD
Road Captain

Did it 20 years ago out in the country on a gsxr750 he had no chance of catching me. Young and dumb. Wouldn't do it now.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by jarhead59
Yet another "he's not a man post". I'll determine whether I'm going to LET another man give me my medicine.
Don't sweat him. Just another keyboard commando.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:15 PM
jarhead59
Tourer

Originally Posted by Shaved Ice
Don't sweat him. Just another keyboard commando.
Keyboard commando ?? From the very beginning of this thread I have had my manhood,sanity,intelligence,and military service questioned, and i have said little in my own defense. I have yet to resort to personal attacks even though some posters (very few) have used them freely. do you now feel better about yourself now that you've taken shots at a man not in the same room with you.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:23 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

daily but only cause when she catches up to me it gets funner

Quick Reply: Have you ever run from the cops