General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you ever run from the cops

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 11:20 PM
steelpony5555
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many moons ago in a friends Dads 69 Camero that we snuck out in. Friend didn't have a license yet and I didn't have mine for more then a year or so. Don't know how I got away from that cop other then my friiends Dad had that Camero hopped up and it was very quick. Back then Dukes of Hazzard didn't even exist yet but we woulda gave them a run for their money.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:26 AM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Still am... shhh... don't tell 'em where I'm at.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:00 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,651 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Yea--1977, Bayside, NY. Just bought a Norton Commando 850--no plates,insurance,reg,inspection--NUTTIN'. Plus suspended license. Would've outrun them, too, except for one thing--Nortons shift backwards--1up,3down,& on the right side,too. Had just pulled a perfect brody,forgot the shift pattern since it was new, & kicked it down & wound up upshifting instead,stalling bike in mid brody & putting a nice,heartwarming dent in the side of the police car. They took me in, wrote me 7 tickets, gave me my bike back & told me to walk it home. Got one block from the cop shop, & fired her up & cruised home. Those were the days.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:02 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by panz4ever
Kept silent until you posted this truly stupid-a$$ comment. I think running at 51 IS very immature. Supposedly by this age you are more intelligent and wise than you were at say age 16. You obviously fail on both accounts.

And on the second part of your post...this is not Europe in the 30s/40s. There is NO comparison to your 'run-rabbit-run' mentality and to what was going on with my people on the streets of Warsaw. We 'gladly accepted' nothing. Millions died while the rest of the 'free' world (England by late 39 the exception because she was fighting her own battle) stood idly by watching, hearing the rumors, and failing to act to prevent a well orchestrated genocide of a race of people. And it almost succeeded...almost.

So shut the ***** up
+1 ... this is the last post i'll read in this thread

you compare "running away from trouble" to fighting the ****'s? if you weren't acting like a little girl, you'd point out that fighting the ****'s (not running scared) would've been the better thing to do. Bad analogy, plus you show what fear will do to you - "just run away". We need people who stand against the tide and fight the good fight no matter what - not people who just run away.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:03 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Yes, A few times in a souped up '68 Camaro SS.

Never on a bike. This past summer that my friend's 20 y.o. son took off on a very high speed police chase. Couldn't negotiate 40 MPH curve while he was going 105 MPH, hit the guiderail and flew 150 feet into the woods. Didn't survive and gone forever.

Thorey

Old 11-03-2010, 06:17 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did at one time, but not any more, older and wiser. Besides all the iron I drive now is one of a kind: bike has a sidecar, truck is a H3T Hummer(one of two in the county) and a 51Chevy P/U street rod. I think they would just wait until I got home to arrest me. LOL
Coyote

Old 11-03-2010, 06:19 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Never have and never will.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:43 AM
Bubba49
Road Master
Received 431 Likes on 142 Posts

Did it when I was young, dumb and full of *** (teenager) on a Kawasaki KZ650. Found out later that I was mortal and don't like jail, so I haven't done it since.

Bubba

Old 11-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Maclugie
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not since I was a kid riding a mini bike. I'm way too easy to find now.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:53 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jarhead59
I ask because coupla weeks ago I was in town and started my bike, well it just exploded to life way louder than normal and its a loud bike. A cop was driving past and immediatly pointed and said STAY RIGHT THERE I could read his lips, but because of construction he had to go a few blocks to turn around. I saw this as an oppurtunity to escape and did. Over the years I've done this a number of times and it's been successful about half the time. Am I alone or do others do this.
Must suck to live where the police care about your pipes. I was a cop for 8+ years and I don't think I ever wrote a ticket for a loud muffler on a car and never even heard of anybody writing one for a motorcycle.

As far as running from the police, no I haven't, but I have been charged with it. The judge dismissed it when I appeared in court.

Quick Reply: Have you ever run from the cops