General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you ever run from the cops

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 01:27 AM
fxdx-fly-by
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

i would have done the same thing.. if i didnt have to haul azz and could drive away and take a few turns to lose him..yeah... IF i got pulled over i would have said. sorry dude i didnt even see you.. and take it with a grain of salt..

Old 10-31-2010, 09:18 AM
jarhead59
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I posted the question I really just wondered if I was just maybe a little immature even at 51. But as I've read the responses I realized it's not about maturity it's more about psychology, it's just ingrained in some of us. So let me point out that I believe that if this were Europe in the 40's those of you that have ever been runners would be ok... but those of you who chastise the runners would have probably gladly accepted your boarding pass to auschwitz.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:28 AM
Ironbarr
Tourer

Originally Posted by ktm_scott
... Outrunning a radio is entirely different.
Yep. Outrunning a .40 P+P is a bit tedious too, huh?

Old 10-31-2010, 09:38 AM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,343 Likes on 1,519 Posts

Originally Posted by jarhead59
When I posted the question I really just wondered if I was just maybe a little immature even at 51. But as I've read the responses I realized it's not about maturity it's more about psychology, it's just ingrained in some of us. So let me point out that I believe that if this were Europe in the 40's those of you that have ever been runners would be ok... but those of you who chastise the runners would have probably gladly accepted your boarding pass to auschwitz.
Kept silent until you posted this truly stupid-a$$ comment. I think running at 51 IS very immature. Supposedly by this age you are more intelligent and wise than you were at say age 16. You obviously fail on both accounts.

And on the second part of your post...this is not Europe in the 30s/40s. There is NO comparison to your 'run-rabbit-run' mentality and to what was going on with my people on the streets of Warsaw. We 'gladly accepted' nothing. Millions died while the rest of the 'free' world (England by late 39 the exception because she was fighting her own battle) stood idly by watching, hearing the rumors, and failing to act to prevent a well orchestrated genocide of a race of people. And it almost succeeded...almost.

So shut the ***** up

Last edited by panz4ever; 10-31-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:43 AM
pottsy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jarhead59
When you posted the original question, I didn't think it was about immaturity, I thought you were just being stupid.

This post has confirmed, you are indeed stupid. That is one of the most idiotic and offensive things I have ever read, and there is some pretty stupid stuff posted on here sometimes. I think your post qualifies for dumbest statement of the decade.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:04 AM
bigalv63
Tourer

Nope. never ran from "The Man" and I don't need that kind of additional charge assuming that I was in violation of some law to begin with....With cops...usually cooperation goes a long long way to prevent further hassels.....

Old 10-31-2010, 10:25 AM
dakota0712
Tourer

I was 19 and on a 1976 KZ 900.. never caught me but probably heard me at a distance..oh I would never do that again in this day and time...

Attached Thumbnails Have you ever run from the cops-front.jpg   Have you ever run from the cops-good-left-shot.jpg   Have you ever run from the cops-phil-on.jpg  
Old 10-31-2010, 10:32 AM
oldncrzy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many many many etc years ago, helping a friend with a spring tune up on his Bultaco. Man now that was a machine! Anyway, he took it out for a test, came back a while later, closed the door turned off the lights and said the cops are after me, keep the lights off!! They did not find him. True story.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:36 AM
SloChicken
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Max96
Did it way back when I was much younger and dumber on a ZX6 Ninja. Cruising home late night up an empty stretch of RT287N, I came over the crest of a hill and there was a cop. I looked down and was doing 100mph, looked up and he already started to pull out. Said FU** IT and pinned the throttle. Last I remember the speedo was at 170mph and my exit came up REAL quick, almost didnt make it. Did it as a kid on the dirtbikes too many times to remember. Little older and alot slower now...
Um yeah,
I would like to see the 600 that does 170 ...

Old 10-31-2010, 10:41 AM
jarhead59
Tourer

Originally Posted by panz4ever
Kept silent until you posted this truly stupid-a$$ comment. I think running at 51 IS very immature. Supposedly by this age you are more intelligent and wise than you were at say age 16. You obviously fail on both accounts.

And on the second part of your post...this is not Europe in the 30s/40s. There is NO comparison to your 'run-rabbit-run' mentality and to what was going on with my people on the streets of Warsaw. We 'gladly accepted' nothing. Millions died while the rest of the 'free' world (England by late 39 the exception because she was fighting her own battle) stood idly by watching, hearing the rumors, and failing to act to prevent a well orchestrated genocide of a race of people. And it almost succeeded...almost.

So shut the ***** up
first off it is not a run rabbit run mentality it is a resist mfr resist mentality. As proven by the horrible AND condoned treatment of your people NO govt or govt agent can ever be fully trusted, thus we should all keep our resistance muscles in shape.

secondly as your post eludes, if not for the RESISTANCE of some the fate of the many would have been sealed.

finally I did not make my analogy lightly, I do not believe that my running from a nusiance ticket saved the free world. I am however encouraged by the number of my fellow citizens who are willing to resist if the situation calls for it. Remember that the signs of the coming destruction back then were literally written on city walls, and yet no even minimmaly effective resistance was ever organized. And even though I'm probably long enough I will not go ***** myself.

Quick Reply: Have you ever run from the cops