General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you ever run from the cops

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 08:33 PM
ROMPUS
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No not in the last 30 years.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Once and it ended up bloody .... for me.

Cop got after me one night and I took off. I made a couple of quick turns and was pulling away from him. One more quick turn to go and I was home free. In the middle of the turn my wheels came out from under me and I lost it and crashed. I saw wood flying everywhere and felt it slamming my body. I was all tangled up in the wood, battered and bloody, when the Cop got there, yanked me out, and proceeded to whip my 8 year old butt!!!

The Cop was my Dad. I'd done something what I don't remember. When he said he was gonna whip me I took off, running to my room. That last turn I was trying to make was going into my room. Do any of ya'll remember those wood racks our Moms used to dry clothes on indoors? That's what I crashed into, broke it all to pieces which cut and scraped me up pretty good. On top of the bloody crash I still got my butt whipped!

That was the last time I ran from the Cops.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:48 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Used to do it, dont know that I would anymore. If you ran from the cops and got caught years ago, theyd only chew you out and write you a ticket. Some might even thank you for giving them a little excitement and may not even write you a ticket. If you were to get caught doing that these days, they would probably mace you, tase you and beat the dog **** out of you. Not worth it these days.

I do daydream sometimes about going up to the police station and just doing a huge burnout right in their parking lot and then running home. It seems like it would be easier if you knew i was about to happen as opposed to just running into one randomly and then trying to run.

Last edited by 1931jamesw; 10-29-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:54 PM
jthom33
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mal, thats f'n funny. In my youth, had a few go 'rounds. Too old now and lawyers are too dam expensive....waste of money when the bike needs new toys.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Hellcat1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I honestly don't think my Fat Bob could outrun your average cop Crown Vic. Besides, I've talked my way out of alot of ****, and it's alot easier to do with the cop then with the judge.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:12 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

I've been on a couple of calls where the biker didn't make the run home, just bagged em tagged em.
Sux to see that

Old 10-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jarhead59
I ask because coupla weeks ago I was in town and started my bike, well it just exploded to life way louder than normal and its a loud bike. A cop was driving past and immediatly pointed and said STAY RIGHT THERE I could read his lips, but because of construction he had to go a few blocks to turn around. I saw this as an oppurtunity to escape and did. Over the years I've done this a number of times and it's been successful about half the time. Am I alone or do others do this.
Successful half the time. What was the end result the other half?

Old 10-29-2010, 09:49 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 540 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Toypuller
With age comes wisdom.

Last 3 times I was pulled over for speeding I was polite, friendly, respectful and didn't make them follow me down the street for long.

All 3 times I got a "Please drive slower next time" and "Have a nice day"

I got pulled going from Idaho into Washington State for not having a helmet on. I didn't realize I had crossed the line. Cops were cool about it and didn't give a hard time. No ticket. I even took a picture to send home as I was on a cross country trip.

25 years ago I would have reacted differently, but who needs that crap in their lives.
That looks toooo familiar. Here I am in Arizona. Same thing, I didn't act like an *** and he just told me to slow it down.

Attached Thumbnails Have you ever run from the cops-13-route-66-4-.jpg  
Old 10-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Vincewd
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I did years ago, Lost my license over it. wasn't able to out run a radio.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:06 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

once..or twice..or three times..a day.. i used to make a game of getting police to chase me,used to do it on dirtbikes,then camaros when i started to drive..the first time i got pulled over 16yo. i was dumb enough to stop, got a $160 ticket and 3 month liscense suspension..after that i made sure to drive the limit or have to get away.. then i got the sport bike,there was a small township a friend lived in, they hired rookies, i would ride up and wave/wheelie/knock on the window then take off.was fun to see them try to catch up and make the turns with out running off the road(80-100 thru residential)..the only time i got cought i was driving on the oh.turnpike,pased a statey going 90,steped on it, was in a 96 camaro with a v6,so it had a 116mph governer, went like 50 miles,never seen the cop again till i got to a off ramp pay gate, the car ahead of me sat there for like 10 min,i figured he was counting change or somthing.well the statey pulled up behind me..he said i was going 90 and could hardley catch up to you. lol..i got a $150 ticket for 89 in a 65.. that was close enough.. not long after that i was racing some one on the sportbike. saw a sheriff waiting ahead, i droped a gear,full throttle,back to 6th,passed him at 160mph..found out a few days later the guy i was racing was a buddy.he was killed the next nite on his brothers bike..probaly wouldnt of been riding like that if i hadnt showed him how..figured my luck was getting real thin,that was the end of speed for me.. sold the camaro and bought a truck,sold the cbr1000 and bought a harley..i put around now looking forward to growing old and stayin out of jail

Quick Reply: Have you ever run from the cops