General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aviator goggles 4600 with 3/4 helmet

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 08:58 AM
ironmofo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aviator goggles 4600 with 3/4 helmet

has anyone worn these goggles over a 3/4 helmet? wanted to see if they will fit well when the strap is on the helmet and would seal around the eyes correctly.

if you have pics of it with the helmet, that would be great.

http://www.classicgoggles.com/goggle...y_Code=ref4600

Old 10-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 634 Likes on 394 Posts

Nice looking goggles. I wear HD goggles with a half helmet. They work okay, but the Avaitor's look like they seal air better. I'm anxious to hear other's input.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:14 PM
JollyRogers
Road Master

OK. I get to help someone save some $$$'s. Those goggles are very nice BTW. I have a pair. They absolutely will NOT fit over a 3/4 helmet and seal around your eyes. Exactly what I got them for and they didn't work. Mostly a waste of my money. The strap will fit under the helmet just fine though. I will wear them on occasion with a half helmet or 3/4, but the strap always gets pushed down into the top of my ears and irritates me. If you had ear pads with a place to put the strap or a goggle strap on a half it would work. But not over a 3/4 because of no seal around the eyes.

Sorry, no pictures. Their other goggle that looks like a ski goggle will work with a 3/4.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Roadie09
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info Jolly.

I was thinking the aviators would work/look good with my Bell 500 helmet, but not if the strap must go under the helmet. I am currently using the HD goggles, but that strap must go under the helmet as well. Kind of a pain when they fog up in a light rain and you need to pull them off real fast to see where you are going

Old 10-28-2010, 01:16 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Says they have "black natural rubber padding"....... that sounds sweaty to me.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:26 PM
ironmofo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JollyRogers
OK. I get to help someone save some $$$'s. Those goggles are very nice BTW. I have a pair. They absolutely will NOT fit over a 3/4 helmet and seal around your eyes. Exactly what I got them for and they didn't work. Mostly a waste of my money. The strap will fit under the helmet just fine though. I will wear them on occasion with a half helmet or 3/4, but the strap always gets pushed down into the top of my ears and irritates me. If you had ear pads with a place to put the strap or a goggle strap on a half it would work. But not over a 3/4 because of no seal around the eyes.

Sorry, no pictures. Their other goggle that looks like a ski goggle will work with a 3/4.
which of the 4600 model did you get? with or without leather?

thanks for the helpful info. that's what i heard to that if under helmet, they would work if the strap doesn't slide down when you put on your helmet. these are the aviators recommended to me if they're to go over the helmet.

http://www.british-classics.com/Avia...20Goggles.html

Old 10-28-2010, 01:36 PM
WoodyTJ
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the guys at work uses a pair of these http://classicpartsltd.com/links/mar...n-goggles.html with a 3/4 helmet, browse round the sight lots of colours and styles to check out. If you move the mouse pointer over the photo you get a zoom, look at where the strap joins the frame and you'll see why it works with the strap over the helmet. You can also get a 2nd set of lenses that are tinted, easy to change over. They are comfortable to wear, I use mine when driving the Jeep with top down and doors off.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:41 PM
ironmofo
Cruiser

^^^ i've asked several shops about the halcyon mk9. none recommended them for 3/4 helmets as they won't seal on the outside edge well enough.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:46 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I put my goggles on first and then the helmet.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:50 PM
ironmofo
Cruiser

<=== there's SOMETHING very sexy about this picture...

Last edited by ironmofo; 10-28-2010 at 01:56 PM.

Quick Reply: aviator goggles 4600 with 3/4 helmet