Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what was your credit score?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 12:57 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Solidworksguy
Stupid post.

Jim

Old 10-27-2010, 06:42 PM
dgeneralk
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yet again alot of useful info and alot of ********. It wasn't mandatory to reply. Didn't your mother teach you if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything. I wasn't on here asking for SSN's or mothers maidens names. Just a little help. My credit isn't terrible just under 700 and I plan on putting 20% down on a sportster. Just wondering if anyone had any similar experiences.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:42 PM
PPBART
Elite HDF Member
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Diver
I'm with the dude that got pissed.

I was raised that there are certain questions you just don't ask people...

You know....real personal stuff. Yes, your credit score is a very personal thing. You just don't ask people that question...
That "real personal" credit score is probably readily available to anyone who might be a creditor (whether you want credit or not) as well as plenty of other folks -- employers, insurance companies, landlords, who knows who else? Seems a bit silly to be jumping on someone for the question...

Personally, I don't know exactly what my score is -- and don't much care, since I have no debt and don't intend to apply for any loans any time soon.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:54 PM
CRASH69
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I bought a New Chevy Van in 06 they said minimum credit score to finance was 660 Im sure its the same with a bike. Just call and ask. Scooters are fun if you cant get credit there like a G note...Mike

Old 10-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by dgeneralk
yet again alot of useful info and alot of ********. It wasn't mandatory to reply. Didn't your mother teach you if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything. I wasn't on here asking for SSN's or mothers maidens names. Just a little help. My credit isn't terrible just under 700 and I plan on putting 20% down on a sportster. Just wondering if anyone had any similar experiences.
In your first post you asked what other's credit score was. That was inappropriate. In a previous post I provided a link explaining credit scores and even offered to answer any questions you have privately. You didn't take me up on the offer.

Instead, you post again calling everyone a profane name and getting mad they didn't provide you with their score numbers. I assume you are totally naive and don't understand why your first question is inappropriate. Again, if you have any questions at all about FICO scoring, loan underwriting or risk rating and the associated pricing of loans, please feel free to send me a private note and I will do my best to answer your questions.

Based on the information you provided above. Assuming you have a FICO of 680 and 20% down payment, you will not be risk rated at the best risk, but still considered a prime loan risk. If HD is offering low APRs you will likely qualify. If they aren't offering low APRs, you will likely get a better rate at a credit union. If you have hedged at all on your score and are closer to a 660 than a 680, you will find the pricing will begin to change drastically. If you are really a 640 you have dropped into what the industry considers non-prime bordering on sub-prime risk and the rates you will see will seem punitive I am sure.

I don't know HD's risk rating system, but some also weight time on job, time at residence, debt:income, payment:income, whether you have a thin file or thick file, whether you have prompt major, prompt minor, or limited credit, etc.

Additionally, the loan quoted from a dealership employee may be inflated as the Finance Office is a revenue generating department at the dealership. I have an older post on here explaing that in more detail.

Does that help?

Last edited by Jonesee; 10-27-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Purplesky
Tourer
Unhappy

Hey I am also looking to finance a 2011 Street Glide soon and I called a few credit unions in my area and they said 730 and up is the score to get the best rate. If you are in the high 600s you should be able to get a decent rate if your employment history is solid also.
I didn't realize so many people have $20,000 laying around to pay cash. Man I sure wish I did.

If you call a loan officer at a good bank or credit union they can tell you over the phone without running an application if you will be approved provided all your info is CORRECT.
Good Luck

Old 10-27-2010, 08:11 PM
DZLDR
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dgeneralk
Originally Posted by DZLDR
that would be directly proportional to his credit rating

501 -600 - probably just lays there waiting for him to get finished

Old 10-27-2010, 10:54 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 930 Likes on 572 Posts

Just call the Suzie Orman Show and ask her if you can afford it.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:00 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Just call the Suzie Orman Show and ask her if you can afford it.
Anyone who can listen to that broad for longer than 5 minutes need to have their head examined

Old 10-27-2010, 11:33 PM
High Gear
Outstanding HDF Member

Paying cash will let you sleep better at night in this new economy.

Payed cash for my last bike and I was unemployed at the time

( bank probably wouldn't have wanted to finance me anyways ).

Saving money isn't that hard just have to spend less than you make.

Wasn't born with a silver spoon just learned a few things over the years.

Could be a double dip coming in 2011 , may want to have your shoe laces on tight.

Quick Reply: what was your credit score?