Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what was your credit score?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 10:45 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by bbach
I knew when I saw this thread that there would be some offended people. It is a personal question to ask and the OP might have worded his question better. However, since the OP is simply seeking some online advise to help ease his finance approval worries I'll chime in. I worked as a loan officer at a bank for a few years and also as a finance dude in a car dealership for about 10. Anyway, with the finance markets where they are now, you need to have a little better score than you might have needed in the past. If you are in the high 600's you can probably still get a bike somewhere if you have some down payment and a low debt/income. However, your rate will be higher - maybe in that 7.5-8.5 range. If you are strong on the credit score, have a good down pmt, and your debt/income ratio is good, you can find very low rates. I did borrow a bit on my bike at 4.15% fixed. Nice rate for a very short term loan. If you have any unpaid collections or are currently behind on anything, don't buy a bike even if someone is dumb enough to give you a loan. Get yourself caught up, then ahead a little, then think about a motorcycle. Things will work out. I would suspect that if you have doubts as you seem to, then you likely have had some credit troubles in the past. Sometimes you have to bear down and wait until you are in a little better shape, or save up your pennies and pay cash.
Unpaid collections mean little to me, unless you know what kind of bill it is. Medical bills are the main reason for collections and a high proportion of them are disputed for very good reasons. Nonetheless, they are considered delinquent until you pay them and even after you pay them, they stay on your record for 7 years, which is outrageous.
I've received bills from health providers I have never seen and never requested services from, and since they were out of my PPO network, my insurance didn't pay them and applied their bill against my out of network deductible. How can I go to a participating hospital and end up with bills from non-participating doctors, some of them I never saw?
Friggin' joke if you ask me.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:52 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

OP why don't u just ask us howbig our co*ks are and if our gf swallow

Old 10-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

This link will help:
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/...ng/p136689.asp

I have 30 years of insight that may help.

No lender uses the exact same underwriting criteria. However, directionally, if you are in the 700 and above range you will be able to find competive rates that are very liveable. The farther your FICO drops, the higher your rate will be. At some point your credit can become so bad that no lender will take the risk regardless of the rate you are willing to pay.

Simply stated. Your FICO is an inverse predictor of your likelyhood to default. The lower your score, the more likely you are to default.

A quick check on rate competiveness is to get a quote from your local credit union. They are typically one of the lowest cost providers. However, they are often undercut by manufacturer subvened rates.

To the OP. You are welcome to drop me a private note with any specific questions you may have. I hope this helps.

(As an aside. I find it uncomfortable that a new member posts this question in the method he did. High tech financial phishing is prevalent today. Posting a high FICO on the net could easily make you a target.)

Last edited by Jonesee; 10-27-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:27 AM
rcaddell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer65
Average size and yes, yes she does. Thats muche easier to answer than my personal credit info.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Fnortner
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcrider1
I didn't know any HD rider financed their bikes! I always hear them, HD riders, saying that people only ride metrics because they can't afford a HD. So, I assumed that all HD riders pay cash for their bikes?

Well you obviously assumed wrong. I financed mine last April. It's true, this was the first time I have ever financed any of my bikes. But at twenty grand when all is said and done, who has that laying around?

Old 10-27-2010, 11:42 AM
bbach
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
Unpaid collections mean little to me, unless you know what kind of bill it is. Medical bills are the main reason for collections and a high proportion of them are disputed for very good reasons. Nonetheless, they are considered delinquent until you pay them and even after you pay them, they stay on your record for 7 years, which is outrageous.
I've received bills from health providers I have never seen and never requested services from, and since they were out of my PPO network, my insurance didn't pay them and applied their bill against my out of network deductible. How can I go to a participating hospital and end up with bills from non-participating doctors, some of them I never saw?
Friggin' joke if you ask me.
Well I don't know how that works. Maybe they send your records out for second opinions. I've had that happen. Either way, if it's your bill you need to pay it or you will have a problem with getting credit when you need it. It's not a great system but it is the system we use. If there are charges you want to dispute, you are better off disputing them legally than just not paying them. I've even paid some charges in full and then went back at the service provider and recovered my money. That way I kept my credit score in tact while there was a dispute. Right now I'm in the RV business and I can tell you that anyone trying to buy a camper here in this area has to have any past dues brought current and any collections paid in full or there will be no rv loan. That is unless you got a rich uncle that will buy it for you.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:52 AM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know, or care to know. H3ll, when you pay cash, the dealer doesn't care either.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:07 PM
supercrewser
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow dude, credit score? really?Why dont you ask something a little more personal.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Marblemania
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rustell
My interest rate is 0%... put 100% down...

Pay cash for toys..
Excellent idea. Only way to beat the slime ***** out of their immoral usury.

My interest rate is 0% as well and has been for over 40 years since figuring out who was getting the most use out of my sweat equity.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Chief1297
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 28,327 Likes on 11,035 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer65
Well...does she?? LOL!!

Quick Reply: what was your credit score?