General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what was your credit score?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 06:58 AM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by soldierbot
Wow, this post must have touched a nerve. Bad credit and can't get laid is my guess.
The OP is out of line and Artz is correct, it's nobody's business. Maybe the OP would also like to know how much money I make and how big my dick is?

To the OP. If you're worried about your credit score and you're not capable of figuring out what it is (there's about a million commercials out there advertising free credit reports) it's likely you're not in the best position to finance something. But that's just me. Do what you want. Harley in recent years would put you on a bike with almost nothing down, stretched out to 8 years, at 25% APR, and let you add thousands in extras. Maybe they're back to doing that again.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:18 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Ours is what we spent our lives building,we can have what we want at a low interest rate.Course now we are mostly done having to finance anything.Really concerned about what our elected politicians are going steal from us,in the near future.It is beggining to look quite bleak.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:22 AM
NewEnglander
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

annualcreditreport.com is FREE
freecreditreport.com is NOT

Old 10-27-2010, 08:09 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,232 Likes on 1,294 Posts

Hey, here's an idea that I doubt many have ever tried. Why not SAVE UP for the bike then buy it, cash on the barrelhead, no interest rate, no financing, no problem. I know it sounds kind of crazy but I did it and it works.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:27 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by NewEnglander
annualcreditreport.com is FREE
freecreditreport.com is NOT
They're all pretty much scams anyway.
I hate companies offering "free stuff" that requires a Credit Card number and a cancellation before the end of a trial period.
As soon as you get your free annual report from Experian, you'll receive 100s of spam emails for credit scores, debt management and crap like that.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:44 AM
rcaddell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe post YOUR credit score since you know it and we can give you insight as to what you can expect to pay for interest. Also, how much of a down payment you have.

My credit score is "x". I finance though my credit union with an interest rate of less than what HD offered me.

Also, annualcreditreport is free ... once a year. Freecreditreport and the others enroll you in a credit monitoring prgram that is free for the first month. Just call and cancel it before the 30 days. I do it the same day I get my scores.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:55 AM
FatJohn
Cruiser

I paid cash for my bike but... We recently did some transactions with our bank that meant that they had to get our credit scores which meant we get a copy from Experian. It was pretty funny to read: "In general, FICO credit scores range from 300 to 850, with higher scores representing a better credit profile. Your FICO credit score on October 1, 2010 was 884." We get good interest rates. I'm proud of my score.

Originally Posted by artz
I'm gonna put it straight. Its none of your freakin' business.
Your statement is *** backwards, lets see...... your gonna be financing a new bike soon, BUT....you got the ***** to ask other folks credit score ? BUT yet your afraid to because you might get turned down ????? Your not asking a question...your phishing. How is it to bang your ole lady ? huh ????
That was pretty harsh. If you don't want to answer, move on to another post.

Originally Posted by Big Ted
My score is excellent. At the time earlier this year my rate I got on my bike through my bank was 5%.
I think that's exactly the kind of response the OP was looking for.

Originally Posted by Joe Diver
I was raised that there are certain questions you just don't ask people
Others were raised differently. You never have to answer.

Last edited by FatJohn; 10-27-2010 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Speeling
Old 10-27-2010, 09:23 AM
WillyHD
Road Master

Depending on the lender and the reporting agency they use, 730-760 and above will be A credit. The score ranges for rate breaks are usually proprietary and not disclosed. Although you credit report is free from each of the three reporting agancies (once a year unless there is a dispute), you generally have to pay to get your score.

I don't mind telling you that when I bought my used 06 FLHT last April, my score was 763 and I got a rate of 8.49% from Eaglemark (Harley Credit). Rates are lower now I believe.

For the 883 score above, the lender must have adjustments to the Experian score that they use to adjust for internal risk models. A number of lenders have internal score that are calculated based on what the portfolio characteristic are.

Good luck with the purchase!

Old 10-27-2010, 09:55 AM
bbach
Cruiser

I knew when I saw this thread that there would be some offended people. It is a personal question to ask and the OP might have worded his question better. However, since the OP is simply seeking some online advise to help ease his finance approval worries I'll chime in. I worked as a loan officer at a bank for a few years and also as a finance dude in a car dealership for about 10. Anyway, with the finance markets where they are now, you need to have a little better score than you might have needed in the past. If you are in the high 600's you can probably still get a bike somewhere if you have some down payment and a low debt/income. However, your rate will be higher - maybe in that 7.5-8.5 range. If you are strong on the credit score, have a good down pmt, and your debt/income ratio is good, you can find very low rates. I did borrow a bit on my bike at 4.15% fixed. Nice rate for a very short term loan. If you have any unpaid collections or are currently behind on anything, don't buy a bike even if someone is dumb enough to give you a loan. Get yourself caught up, then ahead a little, then think about a motorcycle. Things will work out. I would suspect that if you have doubts as you seem to, then you likely have had some credit troubles in the past. Sometimes you have to bear down and wait until you are in a little better shape, or save up your pennies and pay cash.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:16 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I didn't know any HD rider financed their bikes! I always hear them, HD riders, saying that people only ride metrics because they can't afford a HD. So, I assumed that all HD riders pay cash for their bikes?

Quick Reply: what was your credit score?