General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not A Cager In This Crash

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006 | 07:02 PM
sctusa
|
Road Captain
Default Not A Cager In This Crash

Not A Cager In This Crash, or at least doesn't appear to be. Let's be careful out there!

5 Hurt in MC Crash!

5 hurt as 4 motorcycles collide on I-75 in Davie

By Alva James-Johnson
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted September 17 2006, 9:38 PM EDT

Five people were injured Sunday morning when four motorcycles collided on I-75 in Davie.

One of the cyclists, Jose Antonio Zaldivar, 56, of Medley, was in critical condition at Broward General Medical Center Sunday night, according to a Florida Highway Patrol news release. The three other motorcyclists and one passenger suffered minor injuries, according to Sgt Mark Wysocky, a Florida Highway Patrol spokesman.

LocalLinks

The accident occurred about 8:45 a.m. at the I-75 northbound ramp to I-75 westbound, according to the news release.

Zaldivar was traveling west on his 2005 Honda MC when a group of three 2006 Honda MCs tried to pass him, according to Wysocky.

He said a sideswipe occurred when a motorcycle driven by Rafael R. Martinez tried to pass Zaldivar, but it wasn't clear who sideswiped whom.

Zaldivar's motorcycle was then struck by another motorcycle driven by Victor A. Castillo, 25, of Weston, and both vehicles fell to the ground.

Castillo's motorcycle was then struck by a fourth one, driven by David Lee Manes, 22, of Hollywood, which also fell.

Castillo and his passenger, Maria Acosta, 24, of Pembroke Pines, were taken to Broward General and Manes was taken to Cleveland Clinic, all with minor injuries, Wysocky said.

All four motorcyclists were wearing helmets, according to the news release.

Wysocky said the accident was still under investigation late Sunday.