General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another way to mount the eyebrow bezel on your FL with no gap

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:46 AM
TheChromeCollector
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another way to mount the eyebrow bezel on your FL with no gap

I searched this forum and found about 10 different solutions members have put on here to fix the gap at the bottom of the clamp over eyebrow bezel for touring bikes...But i wanted mine to mount rigidly more like the stock did, and to pull up the gaps around my Nacelle which was not perfectly flat for some reason.

I ended up getting some stainless fender washers from Fastenal and ground one side off so they rest against the inside ridge of the headlight housing.
Then installed them on the 8 screws between the headlight adjustment housing and the rubber spacers.
Then I clamped the eyebrow bezel over that with the lip on the bezel hooked over the washers.

It all pulled up perfectly tight and also closed the gaps between the nacelle and bezel.

Pictures are attached showing how its installed. The whole deal took me about an hour to do..........and i cut down the SS washers with a belt sander......no fancy tools, no foam tape. (not that there is anything wrong with foam tape or fancy tools)

Attached Thumbnails Another way to mount the eyebrow bezel on your FL with no gap-cut-down-washer.jpg   Another way to mount the eyebrow bezel on your FL with no gap-washer-installed.jpg   Another way to mount the eyebrow bezel on your FL with no gap-nacelle-with-all-washers.jpg   Another way to mount the eyebrow bezel on your FL with no gap-installed-and-finshed.jpg  

Last edited by TheChromeCollector; 10-25-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:06 AM
TheChromeCollector
Intermediate
Default Better Pic of finished product

Realized i had a better Isometric picture of the finished install

Attached Thumbnails Another way to mount the eyebrow bezel on your FL with no gap-dsc00568.jpg  
Old 10-26-2010, 11:22 AM
seph10
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice job,,,I used foam around the inside of the bazel,,worked fine ,,,,but this winter I think I'll do it like you did,,,I like it,,,

Old 10-26-2010, 12:12 PM
TheChromeCollector
Intermediate

Thanks for the compliment

Old 05-07-2013, 12:23 AM
nickvango
Advanced

ChromeCollector,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

I have read nearly all the threads on this forum regarding the install of this stupid trim ring visor on my recently installed nacelle on my Heritage Softail.

I spent close to 3-4 hrs mucking around. I tried all the other options,
leaving the original trim ring visor screw loose and puting the visor trim ring over, nope, i jiggled it this way , that way, gaps , gaps, gaps.

Tried the taking off the original ring off and just placing the visor ring, still large gaps on either side.

Tried the foam, weatherstripping, to cumbersome, and didnt feel comfortable it would hold properly.

Read this post last night, went to Hardware store and bought 8 small washers today,

10-15 mins later All Done. So relieved. Didnt even shave off half the washers.

Wish i found this thread first.

Thank you again.