General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with a decision !

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Paintrain
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help with a decision !

According to the guys at the shop the new bikes are made for speed in more ways than one. They tell me you can go up to 110ci WITHOUT voiding the warranty if you use exactly the parts HD tells you to use.

It's all about $money. You can make a HD beat a gw. But it's gonna cost. Speed is cheep in Japaneese.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:15 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Big Boys Toys

Dam I hate to bother you guys again but everyone here has so much experience. I looked at a 07 Ultraclassic Friday. I told the salesman I needed power. He told me they put a bigger motor on the 07 but because of the emissions it was about the same. I asked Him if I could just put a big bore kit on the bike and stage three. Well He said I could do that but it would void the warranty everywhere but there. So I looked at the guy and said. LOOK ! I want a Harley Ultraclassic that has some power to go. He told me to buy the Screaming Eagle. I asked Him why was there an $18.000 doller differance in price. He couldnt explaine it.
Heres the thing. I want to go Harley. But im not going to let a GoldWing blow by me . I’ve looked at the quarter mile post on another site. Gold will out run it . I love my chopper with it’s 117 S&S and it will smoke the hell out of a GoldWing. So how do I deal with this situation ?
I want an ultra Classic with power. Thats all. Theres got to be some brothers that feel the same as me.......Right ?
Soi what do I do? How do I get the power I need and be happy and possubly keep my warranty.

buy one and build it your way...thats what owning a HD is all about...whether its power or doodads...its yours...screw the warranty, plus the salesman is blowin smoke...my SG will stomp the $hit out of any GW

Old 09-18-2006, 08:18 PM
TampaJim
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well ,I guess you could put a GW motor in a Harley frame. But the Boss Hoss thing sounds more your style. [sm=gears.gif]

Old 09-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Big Boys Toys
Banned

NOW THATS MESSED UP ! I like that idea. Who could I talk to about getting work done like that ? The salesman I talked to didnt really know anything. I would really like to talk to a dealer mechanic that knew what He was talking about. It would be nice.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Big Boys Toys
Banned

To be honest I was thinking on getting the black 07 ultraclassic and going from there with upgrades. It will be cheeper than the screaming eagle by far and i could customise it like i want.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

first off...very few salesmen will tell you more than the moco line...BUT....if you contact steve at www.gmrperformance.com ...he and the boys from millenium have a set up for the new bikes...and as for pipes...have a bung welded into whatever pipes you want and let er rip, taterchip

i voided my warranty long ago accordin to most knowitall salesmen...tough...i'm a better wrench than most anyway and if i got something i want warrantied i'm up for the magnusson/moss fight

Old 09-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Big Boys Toys

[sm=jawdrop.gif] WOW! Man with some issues ? Well thank you for your input. Now please allow others to speak. BTW. YOU SAID THAT NOT ME.
Sorry son,your the one with the issues.I just ride,Ohh & what was it I said?

Old 09-18-2006, 09:26 PM
jimbo21165
Banned

psss.....stop feeding the trolls....hehehehehehehe

Old 09-18-2006, 09:33 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You want made in America? Buy the Gold Wing, it's made in Ohio and it's fast !!!

Old 09-18-2006, 09:36 PM
jimbo21165
Banned

I am still wondering what kinda chopper he has. My BS detector went to full steam alert a few days back. And, if this isn't BS, if he wants to go that fast, well, he shoulda kept the chop.

Quick Reply: Need help with a decision !