General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

discountcycleparts.com is insecure

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Wingnut51
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the warning, they'll never get any of my business. There are lots of GOOD vendors out there and I don't have the patience to screw around with jerks like that.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Appreciate the update & agree w/not using their "non-secure" site. I had my card# stolen once from a local eatery who uploaded their transactions to 2nd party card svs via. web. Luckily my bank's fraud dept was on it & canx. old card(s). Traced the stolen #'s to Middle-East region where the perps sold my # to someone who purchased electronics - hope they were caught, but I don't deal w/any unsecure sites.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:07 PM
KY23
Tourer

Just an update on this guys. Discountcycleparts.com refused to give me a paypal refund even though the order was canceled and they never sent the parts. They told me that I would have to fight them for the refund. I ended up filing a Paypal dispute. Discountcycleparts refused to answer Paypal in any of their e-mails. I ended up getting my money back but had to wait the 15 days Paypal required since they refused to respond. I finally got my refund two days ago.

I'll never deal with these scum bags again. It was only for $64.98 but I just didn't want them to rip me off.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Fnortner
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They won't get my business either. A link to this thread or a copy & paste of this thread sent to them may be informative.

You were right to pursue this, $64.98 or one dollar, there's a big principle involved here.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:03 PM
midnight2005
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sent them an email letting them know how word of mouth works. here is a copy.
Dear Sirs,
I just wanted you to know that the good word about your customer service is getting out. I am including a link of one of your customers and what they have to say about your service. I believe this customer and so do many others. This customer only spent $64 with you but you can guarantee it cost you alot more than that with the response you gave him. I will never use your sight as will many others. Once again thanks for showing your true colors. We will be sure to spread the word!
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...-insecure.html

feel free to read what your customers say about you.

Maybe they will get the point?

Old 11-07-2010, 02:15 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the heads up - I will never order anything form them - ever!

That's why its nice to order from one of our sponsors on this site - **** like this would be taken care of correctly.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:08 PM
KY23
Tourer

Just another note. These guys still are NOT using SSL to protect credit card data. That means all credit cards, expiration dates and CVV information is transmitted clear text and unencrypted.

I can't believe their merchant is letting them get away with this.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:14 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by KY23
Just an update on this guys. Discountcycleparts.com refused to give me a paypal refund even though the order was canceled and they never sent the parts. They told me that I would have to fight them for the refund. I ended up filing a Paypal dispute. Discountcycleparts refused to answer Paypal in any of their e-mails. I ended up getting my money back but had to wait the 15 days Paypal required since they refused to respond. I finally got my refund two days ago.

I'll never deal with these scum bags again. It was only for $64.98 but I just didn't want them to rip me off.
so after their first email where they said that your paypal would be refunded they just decided not to? what a dick!

thanks for the heads up.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:31 PM
KY23
Tourer

Yep. They said they would refund it and then told me to take it up with Paypal.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Schaub85
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah nothing pisses me off more than shitty customer service.

Quick Reply: discountcycleparts.com is insecure