General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker Friendly places in TX

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

Obligatory Texas Rules! post

Seriously though, I've been living here for 3 years now and absolutely love it. I spent a week in San Antonio & New Braunfels this past summer and agree with the others. I would not mind retiring to either city.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:58 AM
ridzalot
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live 35 mi NE of Waco, in the sticks. I love it. I rode to work in Waco everyday that it wasn't raining until last May. I had to have both hips replaced, three times due to screw ups. I plan to start riding again about the first of March if Dr. releases me. There are some good rides north and west of Waco. That area is called the top of the Hill Country. Lots of biker friendley places there. I try to stay away from larger cities whether on bike or in cage. I work outside year round so heat or cold don't bother me. In heat try wearing a mesh jacket. It is more comfortable than not wearing it, but I also wear long sleeve shirts the year round. When you get soaked with sweat, the wind cools you tremendously.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Stone1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like the San Antonio may be a little more of the favorite here. This gives us areas to explore. The heat is a bit of an issue but I'm to the point that I would rather deal with some of the heat for the summer, as long as the AC is working, rather than 5 to 6 months of cold up here.

The tax savings for TN, TX and even AK are a big deal for us as well it will be nice to keep more of our own money.

Thanks for all the replies