General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketoberfest: A Review and a Rant

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 10:39 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put on a total of 3400 miles. Side trip and a stay in the Keys a few days before Biketoberfest.

Been to quite a few Bikeweeks in Feb/March but last year and especially this year was so friggin cold... I'm all done. Biketoberfest for me from here on end baby with a trip to the Keys at the beginning of the week.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:01 AM
GrimmRider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leicafish
+1 This was a great thread until the RUB BS, Just ride.
Internet tough guys need to flex now and then.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:09 AM
Lilman
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by PineyRider
My only rant, Keep the stupid strollers off main street. Friday and Saturday night you could barely walk down the sidewalk and these self-centered young girls are pushing freakin strollers along taking up the room that 6 people walking would. What king of white trash POS has their infant out at 1am breathing exhaust fumes and listening to ear splitting noise? And if you're too F-ing lazy to carry your kid a few blocks maybe you shouldn't have become a parent in the first place. Main street after hours is pretty much "Adult" entertainment, not a place you bring kids or STROLLERS.
AMEN!

I've been going to Bike Week for over 30 years and Biketoberfest since it started. Have NEVER seen such **** with the kid's and strollers as it was this year!

My son started going to Bike Week with me when he was about 10. However, we would go down on Sunday and on Thursday night or Friday morning we would send him back home. Not until him or my daughter were about 16 and riding did they get to hit Main Street on Friday or Saturday night. Main Street during the biker events on Friday or Saturday night is NO PLACE FOR KIDS. Even if they are 16+ they should know how to act and how to show proper respect.

I grew up around old school bikers, so did my kids. They know how to act. Some of them on Friday night I just wanted to slap, then slap the parents!

As for the parking, I second that too... Saw 2 dumbasses who had parallel parked in front of Miller's on Saturday bitching about not being able to get their bikes out.

I do have to admit, I had to have help from my son Friday at the Cabbage Patch. The combination of dirt and grass parking lot with my heavy *** Ultra's front wheel being in a hole, I could not back the damn thing up.

Still had a great time!

Old 10-21-2010, 07:15 PM
raw
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Crowd was over the top. I don't know about anyone else, but this was our 3 straight year down there. And by far the biggest crowd we ever saw. Basically at times, it was almost to many.
Amen on the strollers. I just don 't get it. Evidently some people truly think main st. is a family activity.
Weather was off the hook!
On sat. at destination daytona , I couldn't believe all of the bikes that were in line waiting for wheels, exhaust, etc. to be installed $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 10-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Jus Cruisin
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a local and all reports indicated attendance up from the last couple of years and I would agree. Went to Beach, Main, Rossmeyers (great deal on a close-out Screamin Eagle textile jacket), Pub 44, track. Didn't stop at the Broken Spoke area and just road past the Cabbage Patch.
I wish the Biketoberfest was the length of Bikeweek because of the better weather we can count on in October (minor chance of a hurricane or tropical storm). First week of March can have 80 degree days or freezes.