General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketoberfest is a bore

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 09:16 AM
oldprowler
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

You have to ask??....I would need a couple of Snicker Bars to recharge after a round with her

At my age it would be more like "I would have to listen to a few snickers from her".

Old 10-16-2010, 09:22 AM
xcelr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Compared to Bike Week, it pales. Been there for Biketoberfest a few times, and would not go back. If you are going with a few friends to party, it's OK.

Last edited by xcelr8; 10-16-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:27 AM
BMF
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah a few snickers and a difibulator!

Old 10-16-2010, 09:58 AM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

You're just tumbling to that fact? Every bike rally I've ever been to is the same old stuff in the same old place. Only reason I go is to ride in areas I don"t get to too often with my friends. Eating at the BBQ place on A-1-A just North of Main Street I watched Daytona's finest moto cops pop about five guys, a couple of rice burners and a couple of Harleys with drag pipes, for revving their motors in the line waiting to ride down Main Street. I think the locals are getting tired of the noise and hub bub.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:23 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oldprowler
You have to ask??....I would need a couple of Snicker Bars to recharge after a round with her

At my age it would be more like "I would have to listen to a few snickers from her".
But it would be the happiest 2 minutes of my life!

Old 10-16-2010, 01:41 PM
drifter27011
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dennyo
the Beer or the Chicky
damn I had to go back to see what the beer was

Old 10-16-2010, 01:49 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FLUltrarider
You're just tumbling to that fact? Every bike rally I've ever been to is the same old stuff in the same old place. Only reason I go is to ride in areas I don"t get to too often with my friends. Eating at the BBQ place on A-1-A just North of Main Street I watched Daytona's finest moto cops pop about five guys, a couple of rice burners and a couple of Harleys with drag pipes, for revving their motors in the line waiting to ride down Main Street. I think the locals are getting tired of the noise and hub bub.
yep...I could understand locals getting pissed for the ****tards that like to rev the **** out of their bikes when they're sitting in traffic....they make me feel like an idiot because I could see the locals looking at me like they look at them and figure cause I'm riding I'm doing it too.

yeah wintertime up here damn it.....I wish I could waste a few hours or days there right about now.

Old 10-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Pagan48
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Went by myself (but made a couple new BFF's), spent Thursday and Friday. 7th year in a row for me (Bikeweek and Biketoberfest). The OP musta been at differet parties than me - cause I had a blast of a time Thursday night at the Iron Horse, Broken Spoke and on Main Street. Didn't get back to the hotel until about 3 a.m. on Thursday night and was up and running at about 8 am to the Speedway (Must admit it seemed smaller this year) and at Destination Daytona (Seemed like a lot more vendors etc. than years past). Was sorry I had to leave Friday evening - would like to have stayed another day. The beer was cold, the women were hot and motorcycles as far as the eye could see. The weather was perfect. What more do ya want? Dancing girls? Well they were there too.

Old 10-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Chaz in TN
Road Captain

I have been to my last one as well. I think it's a great destination for those folks trying to get one last ride in before the cold, but its like anything. If its in your backyard.....eh! I do have one suggestion for anyone whose going there. If you want the best burger on the planet, go to the Daily Grind on Dunlawton Ave in nearby Port Orange. That will make any trip worth the effort!

Last edited by Chaz in TN; 10-16-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:34 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 2kids3pets
You can have her. She's too skanky for my taste. When you're married with a limited stock of ammunitions, you don't hunt crow, you hunt grouse or pheasant. LOL

Quick Reply: Biketoberfest is a bore