General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding with Fusion surgery in wrist? anyone done this

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 10:17 PM
bignew
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding with Fusion surgery in wrist? anyone done this

In May an idiot hit me and fled and I spent all summer healing hoping to get on new bike that I bought. I got the opportunity last weekend to ride it and discovered after all the trouble I went through I still want to ride. This week I found out I still have an infection in my left wrist that was destroyed pretty good in the accident. Now I'm told I need more surgery which could result in bone removal and the doctor is talking carpal fusion surgery. Has anyone had this surgery and still been able to ride. I don't want to give up but I don't want to pay for a bike in the garage that I might not be able to ride. I have already considered putting an EZ-clutch to help. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:08 AM
jcr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I had my wrist fused last Oct. do not know about carpel tunnel fusion.
Anyway at first It was almost impossible to pull the clutch in and I thought great.
Then I got to the point where I can pull it with little or no problem. Problem is by the end of a full day of riding it is almost impossilbe to pull by the end of the day. I have to almost wrap my hand around the clutch and pull from the shoulder. Not much fun. Then riding two days in a row is really hard. I do it but the second day is pulling from the shoulder almost all day. I talked about getting an easy clutch but was told that the clutch that comes on the new Ultra is almost the same. They say I may pick up 5% of ease. Not worth the trouble I fear.
Good luck and ride safe.