General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how many of you have a "theme" for your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

Not really a theme, but since I have a Road King Classic, I'm trying to stay with the classic theme, already switched out the football style air cleaner cover and cowbell horn cover with regular round pieces. Also ride with a solo seat most of the time. I will be going back to wide white walls once the tires need replacing and I may be getting the classic looking Harley mirrors.

The only thing that is a toss up for me is to either finish chroming out the front end/forks or having most of that stuff powdercoated black and only keeping chrome for the accent type stuff like trim rings, etc.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:03 PM
StreetGlider57
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Knowing what your "theme" will be when you first start to personalize your Harley is not easy. I'd first add functional things and upgrades before going for the theme look. This will give you some time to decide what you want as the bike changes bit by bit to better suit you. And how much you want to spend on a "theme" is a big part of it. Are you thinking of switching out a few covers to skulls and being done or are you thinking full paint job? I like themed bikes myself, as long as you still can ride it like a payment pounder. My 2006 has a lot of add ons, but no theme yet, except for a mix of aftermarket add-ons that make it look different from stock.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:11 PM
champ198
Tourer
Received 62 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetGlider57
Knowing what your "theme" will be when you first start to personalize your Harley is not easy. I'd first add functional things and upgrades before going for the theme look. This will give you some time to decide what you want as the bike changes bit by bit to better suit you. And how much you want to spend on a "theme" is a big part of it. Are you thinking of switching out a few covers to skulls and being done or are you thinking full paint job? I like themed bikes myself, as long as you still can ride it like a payment pounder. My 2006 has a lot of add ons, but no theme yet, except for a mix of aftermarket add-ons that make it look different from stock.
mainly lookin at small stuff footpegs grips levers stuff like that...the bike i havent even seen yet but the paint looks good from the pics but was wanting something like all black with a yellow tribal style flame so might go the flame route...jsut dont know...still a lot of thinkin to do with it really jsut getting ideas right now

Old 10-14-2010, 04:35 PM
bagga
Elite HDF Member
Received 602 Likes on 352 Posts

my 85flh theme is "more is better."
my shovel's theme is "rat" or "dirt" it hasn't been washed since about 1993.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:09 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

More chrome please

Old 10-14-2010, 05:24 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,453 Likes on 17,681 Posts

Originally Posted by champ198
with getting my new bike Sat of course im wanting to do some things to make it "mine" dont know why but the Skull theme i really like...dont know why but just seems right. any of you also do this have a theme to your bike

Please don't do that , a guy around here got tagged with the nickname " Skully " need I say more .................

Old 10-14-2010, 06:33 PM
joe.1955
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

I'd do the things first that are functional to get the bike comfortable for you.

Seat, bars, suspension, pegs, etc.

The bike will begin to have an identity with those changes, then complete the look you want with the cosmetic stuff.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Oldtigercub
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My theme is BLUE! (and of course a little chrome....)

Old 10-14-2010, 07:04 PM
dFREDb
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is "Iron Horse". Real original huh? Actually the colors, leather saddle and windshield bags, and the long lever fringe lend themselves nicely to this theme. Kinda western/American Indian style.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:05 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I've gone with the "in debt" theme on most of my bikes

Quick Reply: how many of you have a "theme" for your bike?