General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet Questions....

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 09:24 AM
taximan62
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wear a flip up full face. I reccomend staying away from the HJC SymaxII as I had one for just over a year and the hinges (plastic) broke and HJC would not fix it saying there is no replacement parts available for it.

Went with a Shoei Multitech flip up and won't go back. 3 Year warranty and a better helmet although more $$

Old 10-14-2010, 11:35 AM
dortiz
Road Captain

"Thanks for the reply, what are the times where you find yourself wearing less than a full face helmet?"

I wear the half helmet when I decide I will ride through the city to work or around the town I live. Almost all 35mph.
I wear the full if I am going to take the highway. Obvioulsy for the protection, wind reduction etc.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:50 AM
remike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 32vld
You come here telling us you've riden before, owned a full face before.

We can only assume you know about bikes and helmets. So the short answers.

Does it take a rocket scientist to know less helmet less impact protection?

Does it take a rocket scientist to know less helmet less wind protection for you ears?

Does it take a rocket scientist to know less helmet less noise protection for your ears?

Does it take a rocket scientist to know less ear protection will mean hearing loss as you get older?

Does it take a rocket scientist to know less helmet means less cold weather/rain protection?

Do we know what you do for a living?

No.

Do we give a rat's *** what you do for a living?

No.

Does it take a rocket scientist to know that you are implying you think you look that good need your good looks for your work?

No.

How much do you make as a man ho?

Do the jane's like your mangina?

This is the type of reply that gives a forum a bad name....

Old 10-14-2010, 11:59 AM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Does it take a rocket scientist to know less helmet less wind protection for you ears?

Does it take a rocket scientist to know less helmet less noise protection for your ears?

Does it take a rocket scientist to know less ear protection will mean hearing loss as you get older?

Does it take a rocket scientist to know less helmet means less cold weather/rain protection?

No.

No.

Does it take a rocket scientist to know that you are implying you think you look that good need your good looks for your work?

No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wui-PNqJrxs

Old 10-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm thinking about the Shark Evoline....
I don't have a helmet now...but I'm going to buy one. I'd just like to try them on before I buy. Its hard to find a place that carries a bunch of different helmets!

Old 10-14-2010, 12:20 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not going to read all of these post. I have a closet full of helmets and live in a helmet optional state. I now wear a full face modular helmet and I like it. Since I bought the full face modular I now wear a helmet 90% of the time or more. Before the modular I was down to 25% or less on helmet use. I rode when we were not required to wear helmets. I rode when we were required to all wear helmets. I ride now when helmets are optional and I like the full face modular. Face shield on mine is mirrored and acts as a sun visor up. Sun shield down. I can raise the modular lower half to ease putting helmet off and on. It allows me to scratch that always elusive chin itch that always occurs after putting on a helmet. It reduces wind noise when closed up and works good in the rain. Ventilation is fair. But like all helmets it carries weight, confinement, and limits head mobility while increasing neck fatigue. I am not in the helmet selling business but I do like my full face modular more then any other helmet I have ever used.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:24 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

FWIW***** I ALWAYS wear a 1/2 helmet, because it's comfortable to me. My wife ALWAYS wears a full helmet, because it's comfortable for her. For both of us, it's all about comfort, not safety, or looks.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:26 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain

Originally Posted by remike
This is the type of reply that gives a forum a bad name....
Remike….. Touche’

The guy that started this thread is/was very polite and was asking for legitimate responses. To get a reply like that is totally uncalled for and is a direct indication of his wherewithal to speak semi-intelligently, which is ironic since he keeps referring to rocket science. Not to mention decency.

Shameful….absolutely shameful….

Regards,
Larry

Old 10-14-2010, 03:58 PM
tcatnat
Road Master
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts

I have a half and a full. I started with the half but getting sand blasted at highway speeds got old real fast. I bought a full face HJC CL-16 for $86 from New Enough; it is SNELL approved. I usually wear the half when just cruising around town in warmer weather. Now that it's getting cold I wear the full all the time.

I am considering getting a 3/4 in the spring because I like the openness of the half but would also like to watch my 3 year old and 18 month old grow up so right now safety is a priority for me.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Bluegrasser
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No.

No.

No.

Does it take a rocket scientist to be civil?

No.

Quick Reply: Helmet Questions....