General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maltese crosses or NOT!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Maltese crosses or NOT!

A guy on the local radio has it right that we are now the United States of the Offended and that was what I was alluding to in my post above. We have become a nation of cryers who have to have warnings put on everything from coffee to hair dryers (do not use this appliance in the shower...DUH). The minority opinion now rules that majority. If I don't like what you say, I'll sue you. The pope apologizes to the muzz for saying they have a violent religion. We apologize to the mexicans for calling them illegal aliens, they are now undocumented.

Awww helll......This thread has given me a headache.

Bubba

Old 09-21-2006, 04:28 PM
fxst00
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I think the pope thing is WeToddDid
"apologize to us for saying we have a violent religion or will will kill a nun and firebomb your churches"

That rtight there tells me allah can lick my hairy sweaty nut sack.

ps - sorry if I offended any muslim extremeist

Old 09-21-2006, 04:34 PM
badmo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ride free!! Does not matter what you do someone will be offended. I have my German roots and to honest, you have to be proud of what you are. I am not racist, but that does not mean someone in my bloodline was not. These are different times and now it's all about the middle easterners. Will we sport a turbine on our scoots 100 years from now?? Doubt it.....but it could be the helmet of the future. Who knows....

I am American bottom line:
I will ride what I want.
I will pierce my ears if I want.
I will get tatoos if I want.
I will cross the U.S. on my scoot if I want.
I will pack a gun if I want.
And yes....I will sport the Maltese cross if I want to.

Support the troops that fight to keep us free.

Old 09-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Vetter
Tourer

The Maltese cross was the German nations insignia for many years well before the ***** were voted into power. The Swastika was the true **** insignia, with a small Maltese cross representing the German nation. The Swastika was a religous symbol until the ***** tainted it, Buddhists still use it.
I heard from a old timer, who was in the war, that the GI's who came back, had souvenir German helmets, and they use to wear them when on thier bikes. They actually had respect for the German Soldiers in which they killed, because they were considered highly motivated and skilled fighters, and they wore the helmets out of respect for them. That's how the whole German themed helmets came about.
Remember, the atrocitys of the ***** weren't known about till after the war, and after our victory, few people cared about hearing about them.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:08 PM
wvtommy
Cruiser

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2006, 01:11 AM
KenM
Road Master

But who do they call when their home is broke into???
Really cool shirt[sm=bs.gif]
ORIGINAL: TattoodCaptain

The beauty of this country is you can wear whatever you want. No shortage of crosses on my bike. I'm sitting here wearing a "COPS SUCK" t-shirt. I'm amazed how many people come up and say they love the shirt, but would be too nervous to wear it.

Old 09-22-2006, 01:21 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

The Maltese Cross is NOT the Iron Cross see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Cross

Old 09-22-2006, 01:27 AM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Virtually my whole mothers side was wiped out simply because they were Jewish. I haven't put Maltese crosses on my bike because I really didn't know the history. I considered the swatstika the real symbol of German hatrid and would find that offensive. This post made me look at the Maltese Cross. I guess the Germans did use it, but it was used in so many places before that I really don't find it offensive.

I am amazed that people wear those German helmets. People don't wear little Hitler like mustaches, we don't paint swatstikas on our walls, but people wear those helmets which are just as identifiable with that period as any of those other things. There are many other choices - why would you copy the style of a regime that killed some 14 million people?

Old 09-22-2006, 03:15 AM
O6FXST
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TxAg

Well, not to disrespect you or anything, but I think the history of this symbol goes waaaaay back before ww2.

http://www2.prestel.co.uk/church/oosj/cross.htm

That's one example.

Isn't that the symbol (different version) adopted by firefighters? or EMS?
I like them because of the history of what they originally stood for.

But now that when most people see one they think of the W.C.C. logo. So I do not have any on my bike, because it has lost its signifigance of what it really stands for.

Yes, it is part of the firefighters symbol

I really like your bob!

Rick

Old 09-22-2006, 03:28 AM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tripper

The Maltese Cross is NOT the Iron Cross see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Cross
Correct Tripper,someone posted this earlier before.The similarity confuses most.

Quick Reply: Maltese crosses or NOT!