General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maltese crosses or NOT!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 12:21 PM
camarotuner
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maltese crosses or NOT!

The hell with all the PC crap going on in this country. Everyone seems to be offended by everything. Someones does something that can be perceived as negative by any group of people and all the sudden you have specialty groups ramming lawyers down each others necks. Apparently the first amendment only counts if it isn't bothersome to others.

I am German. My wife's family is German. I am extremely proud of the German race. We as a people are responsible for some of mankinds greatest acheivments of the last century. We got America to the moon, developed jet fighters, built both the V1 and V2 rockets. Some of the greatest minds and musical composers are of German descent. Some of my bloodline fought in both WW1 and WW2 for the fatherland. The Iron Cross (not that damned Maltese Cross) is a symbol of German pride. "For when a German stands on the battlefield he is not made of flesh and bone but of iron". Just because we lost the war, doesn't mean I cannot honor the German soldiers who died. Just because the German political leaders of the time (the **** leaders) ordered and executed a plan of mass genocide doesn't mean I cannot honor the SOLDIERS who faught the war. Millions of good people died fighting for the fatherland and they do not deserve to be forgotten or cast aside simply because they were on the losing side. THAT is why I honor German symbols. THAT is why no one will convince me otherwise or remove them from my person or bike.

Long live the German people.
Long live the fatherland.

and if that bothers you, tough.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Ratbasturd
Road Master

I, saw on one of the news channels last night that one of the new names for the U.S. was "United States of the Offended".

[sm=rant.gif]
And what really offends me is all the offended people that wanna cry about how something offends them, they need to keep it to their selves, get over it stop living in the past.

If ya go back through anyone’s blood lines at some time your people were screwed over, slaughtered, or enslaved.

I can't remember hearing anyone ever say how offensive all the old Roman structures are and the should be torn down as some tribute for all the Christians that were sent to the lions or made slaves.

It's all history, learn it, remember it, don't let the bad things happen again but don't go re-living it.

[sm=rant.gif]

Have a nice day

Old 03-09-2007, 01:54 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My father was a WWII B-17 Flying Fortress pilot. I never have and never will display any symbols of **** Germany out of respect for him.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:45 PM
kjriv
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm..let me put this delicately and somewhat PC....my Opa was a militaryofficer in WW2 back in Der Rhineland, as was an uncle who flew in the luftwaffe. If any one should be offended by "the other sides flag", post WW2, it would have been them. And they had no such issue.

As a matter of fact they actually admired the resolve and determination of their then-American adversaries, and despite losing, held a strong respect for the Allied soldiers. Just a cultural difference I guess.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Jambo
Banned

We had em in the 60's they called it a surfer cross.I'd be more concerned about todays anti semites,than worry about a cross you know is originaly from Malta.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:10 PM
tinker1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

being of the " 1%'ers, "outlaws" and scruffy biker" persuasion myself... I have to say... get over it.

your skin is waaay to thin... so you're just looking for trouble. tell you what.. next time you're at a ralley and you see an 81 mc member wearing an Iron cross, go ahead and go up to him and complain. Seriously - most bikers.. real bikers.. have a thick skin and will let things like this just roll off. If you don't like the culture, maybe you should be riding a gold wing.

german helmets and other stuff like that we wore just to **** off the squares back in the 60's.. these days it's just a fashion statement. So as I said, get over it.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:23 PM
LTrain
Road Master

I agree. It was first worn by bikers intentionally to offend the squares. If you're offended, well...

On the other hand, I also agree that it's a fad or trend now. I dislike fads and trends.

Symbol that offends me? It stands for sheep.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:25 PM
NYNickET
Road Captain

i'm tired what are we talkin about again?

Old 03-09-2007, 04:26 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Who dug this up from the grave? Made for interesting conversation, that is for sure. I still don't wear the "iron cross" "german cross", or "maltese cross" but that is my choice. As to what I said about "posers" whatever. This was started quite a while ago and I was in search of a decent conversation. Anyone who is on this site realizes that some things make for good conversations and others don't. It is usually the ones that seem trivial thatr get everyone all riled up. Did I say it offended me that you choose to wear an iron cross? I don't remember and don't really care, but I do chuckle at how upset others get about it. And in response to those who say that every blood line has been massacred at one time or another, you are probably correct, however not so violently, and not so recently. I am true to my people who died in a mass extermination yet still seem to be so strong that they run a lot of large corporations in this country, including the entertainement industry. Now that is strength...

Old 03-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Well seeing how it was already determined that the Maltese Cross is different from the Iron Cross.I would like to thank those who,participated on this thread.But it's time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,[sm=lockeddance.gif]