General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AHDRA - Rockingham, NC

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010 | 10:57 PM
SC-Longhair
|
Club Member
Default AHDRA - Rockingham, NC

Since experiencing my first AHDRA 3 yrs ago I make it a point to go when it's in town. The Rock is about 40min ride from my house.

Well, it's going on this weekend. Ends Sunday.

I ride up there today (Saturday). I always hit vendors row to see what's on sale. Usually it's the same vendors every year. Two of which I always buy from.

Anyway, so this year there seemed to be an overwhelming amount of Hells Angels selling t-shirts. I counted at least 7 booths for various chapters. That's cool. I have no issue with it.

What I found freakin hilarious is that right in the middle of all of them was a "Bikers for Christ" booth.

Sorry I don't have a pic to back it up. My cam is MIA at the moment.

Please don't misconstrue this thread. I have the upmost respect for both factions, on different levels of course. It's just placement was funny, like having a Jenny Craig facility right next door to a Coldstone Creamery (which I saw one in Columbia, SC some years ago.)

Did anyone else go?

Old 10-09-2010 | 11:48 PM
ShockwaveTXB
Road Captain

I'll be there tomorrow (Sunday) with my father. I'll take some pictures if there's anything cool.

Old 10-10-2010 | 12:09 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member

The Hells Angels have taken over Spartanburg, SC, Some say they just took the Spartans club house.

Old 10-10-2010 | 11:00 AM
axel black
Road Captain

hoping the AHDRA will return to the milwaukee area soon. should be a good time, would like to see some fast moving thunder.

Old 10-10-2010 | 04:30 PM
HD&CUMMINS
Banned

SC-Longhair, I was there Saturday. Rode up about 110 miles to pineville then another 80 to Laurinburg for the hotel.

I had a good time. Yes there where a lot of HA there. Virginia,NC,SC,Illinois,Maine,Mass., think that was it. Lots of booths. They did have the SFJ(soldiers for Jesus) Club next to them.

Lots of other clubs showing colors. Not the typical 1%(outlaws,warlocks,vagos) those types, but I think just MC.

I got some 16'' powdercoated black apes for $40. Very Nice. Got back in today.

Old 10-10-2010 | 04:34 PM
SC-Longhair
|
Club Member

Originally Posted by HD&CUMMINS
SC-Longhair, I was there Saturday. Rode up about 110 miles to pineville then another 80 to Laurinburg for the hotel.

I had a good time. Yes there where a lot of HA there. Virginia,NC,SC,Illinois,Maine,Mass., think that was it. Lots of booths. They did have the SFJ(soldiers for Jesus) Club next to them.

Lots of other clubs showing colors. Not the typical 1%(outlaws,warlocks,vagos) those types, but I think just MC.

I got some 16'' powdercoated black apes for $40. Very Nice. Got back in today.
Wow...you did a lot of riding. Anything special in pineville? For future reference, just get on Two Notch (#1) and head north. No turns in involved. No interstate either.

That's a good deal on apes. From the guy outside of the gates? I like those people. I got my 90* a/c from them. Too bad I think it's junk but not their fault.

Old 10-10-2010 | 04:41 PM
HD&CUMMINS
Banned

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Wow...you did a lot of riding. Anything special in pineville? For future reference, just get on Two Notch (#1) and head north. No turns in involved. No interstate either.

That's a good deal on apes. From the guy outside of the gates? I like those people. I got my 90* a/c from them. Too bad I think it's junk but not their fault.
Nothing special in Pineville. Alright little town. Now Laurinburg, SUCKS! Went to the Jameson Inn, our carpet in front of bathroom sink was soaking wet, paint peeling on roof, dad asked for 2 beds and got one. Called front desk, expedia called me back put me in a Holiday Inn Express and refunded me $25 plus $100 hotel voucher. Holiday inn was nice.

Also no food places in Laurinburg. NONE! GPS took us to restaurants that were no longer there. 0/5. Gave up went back to golden corral near hotel for 2nd night in a row.

Yeah from the guy right outside the gate as you make the left to the gates to enter. Had 2 bikes in front. A long booth.

I saw them and asked how much "$40" I was like wait how much? Steal. Bought them. Seem to be good. 1'' bar, decently thick, black, and internal wiring.

Yeah some decent riding. Now I know two notch all the way, lol. Freeway isnt bad but kind of boring.

My dad and brother drove from outside Chattanooga, TN. About 450 miles. But I havent seen my dad since 2002 so that was main reason he did it.

Ill go again next year probably. Well see.

Last edited by HD&CUMMINS; 10-10-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-10-2010 | 04:55 PM
redling36
Cruiser
Default A video from the AHDRA

A video from the races

Old 10-10-2010 | 06:09 PM
gdeese
Cruiser

doug horne ran 235 mph i live local remember the first one in 89 the swede just bustin over 200