Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warning about ebay seller

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 06:08 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did that bracket bend open? If so, seems like you didn't have the teeth engaged?

I'd shoot an email w/ clear pictures to memphis shades and see if there was a faulty run on the brackets (assuming the 'teeth' failed and allowed it to bend open). Hard to tell with those pictures though

Old 10-11-2010, 06:13 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by VsTheWorld
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-...item2eb00aad6e

how about this guy??? just found this in the ended auctions search, using the story of one of his dead soldiers to try and get a buyer? what a toolbag
Absolutely despicable. That needs to be a stand-alone thread.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by driv3rx
Forgot to put what I bought.they were lowers brackets from memphis shades bracket on the right side broke after less than 1 hour riding.sold as new unopened.Contacted seller he was not only no help but said once I installed he was not responseable,I feel if you sell as new and it breaks right away you should replace or refund.since I contacted him,no results opened case with Ebay,they refunded full amount just this morning.If I sold something that broke that soon I would try to make things right wether sold on Ebay,craigslist,this or other forums.!st picture shows how it's supposed to be 2nd picture shows how it broke.

DUDE you left NEGATIVE feedback for a brand new item that you paid 99¢ for?

Old 10-11-2010, 10:39 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the problem with ebay is people think they're buying from best buy or sears. you're buying from people and should give some slack. i leave a negative only when someone is blatantly trying to rip me off. i've left two in probably 2000 transactions both as a seller and a buyer (when sellers could leave negs).

also e-bay and paypal will 99.99% of the time side with the buyer in a dispute, it doesn't matter what evidence. if a buyer doesn't want the item and wants a refund once he opens a PP claim and sends the item back with proof of delivery he's getting a refund.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:56 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cant believe as a business that he would allow a unhappy customer to leave negative feedback for a 99 cent item.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:51 PM
brianmz1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be sure to start a claim within 45 days of the sale otherwise ebay will NOT help you. I got the run around from a Seller who either did not repsond right away or sent bogus tracking info that cause me to go 47 days before I tried to file a claim.

If you ANYTHING go wrong I would file the claim. You can always retract the claim should the Seller make good on the deal.

Make sure you READ EVERYTHING in the listing. If you have any questions make sure you ask the Seller first. Assume nothing.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Tconnors810
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I buy a lot on eBay and have only had one problem. I just bought a GPS that won't hold a charge and the seller is refusing to work out a deal with me on it. He has a 98.3% positive rating but is absolutely trying to get over on me on this. So it can happen.

Here's my suggestion, contact Memphis Shades, outstanding company, they'll take care of you. You'd paid .99, move on don't waste your time.

When using PayPal, don't let them take the money from your account, use your alternative credit card. I use Amex, they'll always side with the buyer in a dispute and reverse the charge until things are resolved. It makes the seller respond. If you just use PayPal, the seller keeps the money while the dispute is going on, there is no reason for the seller to move quickly.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:42 AM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i hae left neg feedback very easily, although i agree it has become more drop shipping bus, than old time mom and pop trying to unload something, same as craigslist try and fine a private sale on a car its all dealers