Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warning about ebay seller

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by lo-rider
Not true! Once you have left positive feedback, if the item fails (even an hour later), eBay & Pay Pal will not refund.
That's the reason right there not to rush leaving feedback. Wait a week or two before leaving feedback. A lot of stuff can happen during that time.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:19 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by driv3rx
watch out for "hdpartsandmore " on ebay sells what seems to be factory rejects as new items when they break after 1 hour he will not make good on return,refund!
So, what did you buy, and how did it break? I like to be informed about possible bad sellers, but to slam without more info doesn't work too well.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Marine Trader
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmmm, not so sure about this one.

Originally Posted by Colorado Mac

In my experience, Ebay almost always sides with the seller in a dispute. After all, they are making money off the seller not the buyer and keeping a seller with lots of Ebay business happy is more important to them than a buyer. That is why I know that, if I buy something off the Bay, I am risking getting burned by a seller. So, I will notbuy anything expensive.
I'm not that experienced with ebay, maybe around 50 purchases. I've have had 3 disputes and all 3 were in my favor. I'm an ebay fan because of their help. Also the seller that Driv3rx is referring to has a high score and a fair amount of transactions..........I don't think we have the whole picture here.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:37 PM
propane_peddler
Tourer

Are you gonna tell us what you purchased or not? If not let this die NOW!

Old 10-10-2010, 10:04 PM
justanotherjim
Road Master

Location: kingman AZ. We aren't in hell, but you can see it from here!!!
Received 62 Likes on 21 Posts

I have a had very good luck with eBay, myself. Many parts for the bike, truck, car and home.I got burned one time, and that's cause I didn't use paypal....

Old 10-10-2010, 10:20 PM
BJB
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by justanotherjim
I have a had very good luck with eBay, myself. Many parts for the bike, truck, car and home.I got burned one time, and that's cause I didn't use paypal....

EXACTLY..I learned in an early transaction no Paypal, no deal. I bought 2 lots of used Muskie baits froma woman who also had a on line party store. She, supposedly, couldn't get the billing right for combining shipping so I just mailed a check with the right amount to Carbondale IL in mid winter and told her mail when the check clears. For 68 bucks she shut down her online operaton & now has a pissed of Jack Pine Savage looking forward to calling her 3 years later and telling her I'm coming driving by & coming off the Interstate for my crankbaits and "bucktails".
Biotch.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:47 PM
stef
Cruiser

Originally Posted by scoteh
So, what did you buy, and how did it break? I like to be informed about possible bad sellers, but to slam without more info doesn't work too well.

As for the item bought, by looking at the negative feedback left for the seller by "driv3rx1958", the "view item" link shows "Memphis Shades Custom Lowers Hardware HARLEY SPRINGER (#300469526115)", winning bid @ 99 cents. Also, no returns.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I'll assume you don't know much about some of the tank emblems

Originally Posted by Denny69
You're joking right? At least I hope you are. Please say you're joking.
The Soft tail deluxe has the wide wing emblem that curves with the tank. Therefore each side has different curvature to it. So, no I'm not joking. Look it up.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:59 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-...item2eb00aad6e

how about this guy??? just found this in the ended auctions search, using the story of one of his dead soldiers to try and get a buyer? what a toolbag

Old 10-11-2010, 06:00 AM
driv3rx
Road Captain

Forgot to put what I bought.they were lowers brackets from memphis shades bracket on the right side broke after less than 1 hour riding.sold as new unopened.Contacted seller he was not only no help but said once I installed he was not responseable,I feel if you sell as new and it breaks right away you should replace or refund.since I contacted him,no results opened case with Ebay,they refunded full amount just this morning.If I sold something that broke that soon I would try to make things right wether sold on Ebay,craigslist,this or other forums.!st picture shows how it's supposed to be 2nd picture shows how it broke.

Attached Thumbnails warning about ebay seller-lowers-bracket-006.jpg   warning about ebay seller-lowers-bracket-007.jpg  

Quick Reply: warning about ebay seller