Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warning about ebay seller

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 19,920 Likes on 5,783 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorado Mac
In my experience, Ebay almost always sides with the seller in a dispute. After all, they are making money off the seller not the buyer and keeping a seller with lots of Ebay business happy is more important to them than a buyer. That is why I know that, if I buy something off the Bay, I am risking getting burned by a seller. So, I will notbuy anything expensive.

ALL of the money that Ebay makes is from BUYERS. Ebays gets a percentage from the seller, but the money comes from the buyer. I buy hundreds of items on ebay... many very expensive and have never been ripped off.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:00 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom84FXST
ALL of the money that Ebay makes is from BUYERS. Ebays gets a percentage from the seller, but the money comes from the buyer. I buy hundreds of items on ebay... many very expensive and have never been ripped off.
NOT EVEN CLOSE to being accurate. Sellers pay a listing fee, a picture fee, all kinds of fees, whether or not somethings sells. Sellers with a store pay a store fee as well. Paypal charges sellers on every dollar that comes in, as well as a fee to handle credit cards (Virtual Terminal). Whether or not an item sells, the seller pays those fees.

Over and over again until it sells. And then THE SELLER pays the final value fee out of the money that was paid for the item. The buyer only pays for the item.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

Eight years ago, a $50 item cost a seller 3%, or $1.50 to sell. The buyer paid $50.

Today, the same $50 item costs a seller 12%, or $6.00 to sell. The buyer pays the same $50. Tom84FXST, whose pocket did that additional $4.50 come out of? It wasn't yours, the buyer. The SELLER pays all fees. You, the buyer, pays for the item at what you deem to be a fair price.

Last edited by MNPGRider; 10-09-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:06 PM
kanelakos
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorado Mac

In my experience, Ebay almost always sides with the seller in a dispute. After all, they are making money off the seller not the buyer and keeping a seller with lots of Ebay business happy is more important to them than a buyer. That is why I know that, if I buy something off the Bay, I am risking getting burned by a seller. So, I will notbuy anything expensive.

You have a point but you have no sellers without buyers!

Old 10-09-2010, 06:11 PM
whocares
Road Warrior
Received 433 Likes on 219 Posts
Default ebay

buyer beware,there's alot of scumbags selling parts that they know little about!!!!

Old 10-09-2010, 06:22 PM
shiftharder
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I "netruled" a guy 6 months ago and eBay asked if I wanted to launch a dispute and get my money back just after I posted my feedback. I said no because I got the item even though I was`nt happy with it but I feel eBay was looking out for me.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Denny69
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tom84FXST
Originally Posted by MNPGRider
NOT EVEN CLOSE to being accurate. Sellers pay a listing fee, a picture fee, all kinds of fees, whether or not somethings sells. Sellers with a store pay a store fee as well. Paypal charges sellers on every dollar that comes in, as well as a fee to handle credit cards (Virtual Terminal). Whether or not an item sells, the seller pays those fees.

Over and over again until it sells. And then THE SELLER pays the final value fee out of the money that was paid for the item. The buyer only pays for the item.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html
+1

Old 10-09-2010, 08:06 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior

So, just what did happen. What broke and why ?????????? Give all the facts.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:12 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

All he has for sale is clothing...what did you buy that broke??

He has a score of 99.5 with over 1800 feedback...

http://shop.ebay.ca/hdpartsandmore/m..._from=&_ipg=50

Last edited by 2kids3pets; 10-09-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:51 PM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default That's why we need to post these sellers

on the forum. When you find a crappy ebay seller then warn as many of us as possible. I bought some tank emblems from 'MY84FLH'. Advertised as left and right side. I recieved them after a very long wait and when I looked at them they appeared to be ok so I left positive feedback. However when I went to install them I found they were both for the right side. Now I'm hooped. He takes 2 weeks to reply to messages and he types like he's doesn't even know english. Claims his computer crashed (twice) and resend mailing info. Guess what? no emblem 2 months later. I'm not new to ebay and am quite patient, but this guy is a scam artist.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Denny69
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Watch Guy
However when I went to install them I found they were both for the right side.
You're joking right? At least I hope you are. Please say you're joking.

Quick Reply: warning about ebay seller