General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I F'ed up!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 08:57 AM
jeeperbrad
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I F'ed up!

I bought a HD Souless Jacketand HD FXRG Gauntlet gloves. I asked the lady at the dealer would they be warm enough for all winter riding and she said yes. well I've had them 1 week and they suck. well the gloves are OK but the jacket sucks but now I can't return it to get any money back WTF. I'm gonna call and see if I can at least get a gift card or trade for some parts. the 3n1 deal is a joke, I should have went with the first gear stuff but I thought I'd be cool with all harley stuff but now I'm the fool...

any experinses with taking stuff back to HD dealer? its all in perfect cond.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:08 AM
jeeperbrad
Cruiser

Oh and it gets down to 5degrees here in feb but normal weather would be around 20-30 degrees through the winter. so I need some good stuff. I don't really care about the price as long as the stuff works.

I drive 35miles one way to work on the interstate@ 70-80 so I need good wind protection and warmth. I have a small windshield and a full face shoei helmet. now I'm looking to replace my HD jacket or if I can't return it get a heated liner for it. and some leather overpants or the FirstGear HT Overpants and a pair of heated gloves.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Mississippirider
Advanced

Get the heated stuff.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:17 AM
jeeperbrad
Cruiser

I just called HD and they said the harley brand heated gear was top notch but she also said my jacket was great. anyone using the harley heated gear?

Old 10-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Blargh
Road Captain

get a gerbing jacket liner and pants liner, can get heated glove liners too

Old 10-07-2010, 09:28 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Judging by your comments I don't anyting will make you happy. I believe it is buyers remorse.

Specifically what did you not like about the jacket. I choose Langlitz but the HD jackets that I own are very good. But I go way beyond "That jacket looks great on you"

Old 10-07-2010, 09:33 AM
inswva
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why is it that you can't return it for a refund? Because you've ridden with it on? I'd take it back and tell them it doesn't fit properly.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

Lets see now..... you're an adult (I presume) and you can't figure out if a coat will be warm in cold weather? You have to ask a girl at the counter? And now you want HD to come hold your hand and give you some parts or something?

Old 10-07-2010, 09:46 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

you asked a MOCO "SALES" lady if a jacket would be warm enough for you???? how is she suppose to know your tolerance for cold???

you screwed up. and now you come on here hoping to garner support..... don't think you're gonna get much.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:13 AM
hollowpoint
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeeperbrad
Oh and it gets down to 5degrees here in feb but normal weather would be around 20-30 degrees through the winter.
I drive 35miles one way to work on the interstate@ 70-80 so I need good wind protection and warmth.
At those temperatures, that distance, & a 70-80 mph wind chill, you cannot wrap a southern boy in warmth.

Quick Reply: I F'ed up!