General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I F'ed up!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 10:20 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,229 Likes on 4,776 Posts

Last time I bought a Harley Jacket (couple months ago) the girl that sold it to me said to keep the receipt and I could return it to any Authorized Harley-Davidson Dealer. She could have been blowing smoke but that's what she told me.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:22 AM
obonaven
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should always find out the conditions of the dealers return policy BEFORE you drop any $.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Poacher13
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hollowpoint
At those temperatures, that distance, & a 70-80 mph wind chill, you cannot wrap a southern boy in warmth.
Yeah its never gonna be warm. Just bearable.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Kenny94945
Stellar HDF Member
Received 349 Likes on 300 Posts

Heated gear.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:27 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,488 Likes on 905 Posts

I bought a jacket last year & the girl behind the counter told me a free blow job came with it. I haven't received it yet! Could I still return the jacket?

Old 10-07-2010, 10:28 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

I suppose buyer beware, might be the way to go here, but he did ask the sales gal if the jacket was warm in cold weather and she said yes, I'd expect the sales staff to know basic things about what they sell or admit they aren't sure.

I'd go back and ask for the manager and try to get a refund on the jacket, no refund, I'd leave and never come back.

While you should have a idea on what you want, they should know their product.

fwiw I do think I'd have asked around with other riders and found out which one they preferred, usually its not what the/any dealer sells.

Or...might just want to write it off as a learning experience too?

Al

Old 10-07-2010, 10:31 AM
jeeperbrad
Cruiser

Yeah I admit I goofed on my purchase but the jacket is really well made but the liner was not as warm as I was thinking it was going to be. I asked the sales lady about the different jackets because I was in sales for a little while and I know the **** I sale and if you're selling $400+ jackets I sure hell hope you know your ****. I walked in and asked to show me your warmest jacket with removable liners, first I was shown the FXRG leather jacket but $650 is a little steep for a non-heated jacket. then she pointed out my jacket and said it was a new style and would be almost as warm but plenty for our weather.

so yes I asked but I myself know when a jacket should be warmer than it is, but skiing/snowboarding and riding down the highway is a little different and I have been doing that all my life. earlier this year I went to breckenridge for 2 weeks w/subzero temps but I stay perfectly warm there but I don't want to layer just to go to work. I guess I'll try the heated stuff and see what I find.

so if you have any info on HD heated gear or the like post, but to all who just want to troll . Hell I put the I f'ed up in my title to get more readers and it worked.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:36 AM
softailfla80
Intermediate

Damn golfblues......I was told the same thing and still waitin for my BJ......whats up with that ??? Guess I gonna have to go back to the dealer and ask for Customer satisfaction.
Dealers will tell you anything to get you to buy......I research all my major purchases.... not that jackets and gloves are major, but there are so many people out there and so many jackets & gloves just ask around and use your own judgement.......then there is no one to blame but yourself

Old 10-07-2010, 10:41 AM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

So you screwed up, big deal, like we all haven't made a purchase mistake. Sell it on Ebay.

But all of this sarcasm over someones mistake? Come on now.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:08 AM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Get the Gerbing over the HD heated clothes, they have a better warranty. And at least right now, Grand Prix Motorsports have 20 % off with the online coupon code of 'sharewarmth". dont know how long that code willlast though

Quick Reply: I F'ed up!