General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

biker film

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 07:46 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

Oh yea there was that Brian Bozworth "stone cold" biker movie. stone cold II??

Old 10-05-2010, 07:48 PM
BlueNoser
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brenn
I absolutely hate Easy Rider, so it can't be any worse.
OH MY GOD,,,,YOU SAID THE 'H' WORD. No true biker HATES Easy Rider.

A seguel, I have the Easy Rider movie and occasionally watch a few of the parts with some music. Other than that it S-U-C-K-S

Even Hollywood could not do worse

Old 10-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's actually quite a few biker movies out there. Some of them are ok. Most are hilariously trashy. Those are the best ones.

In all seriousness, "Easy Rider" is one of the great American films ever made. And Hopper is a great American artist on the order of Woodie Guthrie or Springsteen or Dylan. I've watched that movie over and over and over, and it remains a timeless piece of Americana. A hard act to follow.

I think a contemporary version would have to focus on the young people riding sport bikes and doing drag races on Saturday nights. Including teenage girls who are better riders than half the members of this forum. That's where the wild things are nowadays. Harley riders? As much as I love us, we're a bunch of old farts to the rest of the world, and it would take a miracle to get them interested in us again....

Old 10-05-2010, 08:30 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueNoser
OH MY GOD,,,,YOU SAID THE 'H' WORD. No true biker HATES Easy Rider.
What do a couple of hippies on motorcycles have to do with bikers? They were nice choppers for the period - that's about all the good I can say about that POS.

I'd literally rate Hells Angels on Wheels above Easy Rider as biker movies go. In fact, I'm going to watch Werewolves on Wheels, just so I can rate it higher too.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:33 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Just-a-Guy
In all seriousness, "Easy Rider" is one of the great American films ever made. And Hopper is a great American artist on the order of Woodie Guthrie or Springsteen or Dylan. I've watched that movie over and over and over, and it remains a timeless piece of Americana. A hard act to follow.
The only good Dennis Hopper "biker movie" is Hell Ride.

I think a contemporary version would have to focus on the young people riding sport bikes and doing drag races on Saturday nights. Including teenage girls who are better riders than half the members of this forum. That's where the wild things are nowadays. Harley riders? As much as I love us, we're a bunch of old farts to the rest of the world, and it would take a miracle to get them interested in us again....
I suspect you are right - Easy Rider summed up everything I hate about 60's motorcycle culture and your "modern version" would be everything I hate about modern motorcycle culture.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:44 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DC-LoudSound
"Hell Ride" was f'n cool ! sensible .... ? ....
"Hell Ride" was predictable.....snoooooze

Old 10-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah that would be a good "biker movie", a bunch of teenage dudes with their pants sagging down under their butts riding their crotch rockets with fart can mufflers on it with their fat girlfriends riding on the back on the little pad wearing cut off jean Daisy Dukes with their big asses pushed all up in the air while they ride on down to the Sonic for a burger............

Old 10-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big Pig
Yeah that would be a good "biker movie", a bunch of teenage dudes with their pants sagging down under their butts riding their crotch rockets with fart can mufflers on it with their fat girlfriends riding on the back on the little pad wearing cut off jean Daisy Dukes with their big asses pushed all up in the air while they ride on down to the Sonic for a burger............

I think it's perhaps fair to say you guys really don't have much of a clear understanding of the world of motorcyclists beyond your immediate purview. That's fine, I'm not here to defend or even describe them. And it doesn't much matter. But I would submit to you that there is a world of "outlaw bikers" out there that would very likely surprise you. 'Nuff said. I really don't much care. We're talking about movies here.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:58 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

any one seen running cool?the first biker movie i have ever seen, my gf's biker mom rented it when i was 16..or that movie,from a few years ago. 2 RUB lawyers dress up and go buy 2 bikes out of a pickup at a bar,they end up fighting with some outlaw bikers that want to steel the bikes back ..in the end the one lawyers kills the head outlaw and takes his place.. i cant remember the name

Old 10-06-2010, 12:05 AM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by magna
Maybe with all the problems Harleys are having,it would be nice if the film
industry produced a decent,sensible film about bikers,i dont know maybe a
bunch of guys on a road trip ending up in Sturgis.
I read some time ago there were plans to make a sequel to Easy Rider but it never happened.
Wouldn't be much of a sequal.......... there was only 2 main characters (3 if you include Jack Nicholson's) and they all died........... maybe they could do a story about the rednecks who killed them an the remorse that haunts them.........

Quick Reply: biker film