General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moving to nj

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To all the nay-sayers, where'd you get your manners? (Not in NJ, I'd say.)

I have lived in both GA and NJ (and a bunch of other places). There's good and bad everywhere. I've lived in NY for nearly two decades (yes, I'm old), and it's the easiest thing in the world for NY'ers to talk down about NJ. ("Which exit?", "There are some nice places in New Jersey?" "What's that smell?"). But in all seriousness it's a fine place to live and has lots to offer.

I travel down to the Mt. Holly area on business a lot. And an old girlfriend had a waterfront place in Long Branch. I've spent a fair amount of time along the shore, all the way down to Cape May. Up closer to the City it can be a bit wild (and dirty). Think Springsteen, Asbury Jukes, etc. But even there it's kind of nice. I've spent a fair amount of time in Asbury Park, even saw Bruce one night at the old Pony. The area south of where you are moving can be beautiful, almost like rural New England in places. And the beaches are great. You'll see lots of bikes there.

You'll like it. Just do please ignore the people promising good food. For that, you'll have to ride up to NYC (unless your idea of fine cuisine is Domino's Pizza ).

Mark

Old 10-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Fogoms
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HD&CUMMINS
I would rather drink bleach.

Id rather move to NM and live in a adobe house and make $8 a mth.
Man, I'm from NJ and I have to agree with you 100%. I'd rather have you drink bleach than come to NJ. A good alternative would be for you to move to NM because it's farther from here. Moron.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:30 PM
HD&CUMMINS
Banned

Originally Posted by Fogoms
Man, I'm from NJ and I have to agree with you 100%. I'd rather have you drink bleach than come to NJ. A good alternative would be for you to move to NM because it's farther from here. Moron.

Trust me I would move to NM and live in an adobe house before making 6 figures in NJ any day. Im so happy there are not any Infantry Divisions in NJ. If so I would go AWOL.

If I travel up North which will never happen I will by pass NJ. I dont feel like puking on my HD while riding. I mean the Jets are there too. God thats just another shitty thing up there.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master

Trust me I would move to NM and live in an adobe house before making 6 figures in NJ any day. Im so happy there are not any Infantry Divisions in NJ. If so I would go AWOL.

If I travel up North which will never happen I will by pass NJ. I dont feel like puking on my HD while riding. I mean the Jets are there too. God thats just another shitty thing up there.

This from a guy in South Carolina....

...which consistently ranks 50th in education in the US, has the lowest public school graduation rate in the nation, and ranks 49 in SAT scores. .... Wow, I'd be worried if someone from SC was criticizing the place where I lived. LOL.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:40 PM
MapleShadeHarley
Advanced

What's with all the New Jersey haters? Jeez.

New Jersey is the Garden State- we do have lots of green, huge forests, farms, mountains, beaches, etc. Any part of NJ that you can see from New York City is an industrial mess, granted. Most everything else is really, really nice. I am NJ born and raised but have lived in 3 other countries and been to 46 of the 50 states.

If you think what you see on TV is "the real NJ" then you guys really need to expand your horizons.

Lots of great, scenic roads just south of where you are moving. Check out Batsto Village, Long Beach Island and the Wildwoods. One other really great place to ride to is Washington's Crossing/Lambertville.

Welcome to NJ bro!

Old 10-04-2010, 08:48 PM
HD&CUMMINS
Banned

Originally Posted by Just-a-Guy
This from a guy in South Carolina....

...which consistently ranks 50th in education in the US, has the lowest public school graduation rate in the nation, and ranks 49 in SAT scores. .... Wow, I'd be worried if someone from SC was criticizing the place where I lived. LOL.
I dont claim SC. Military brought me here. If you could read next to SC it says " Originally FL." But yet I cant read? Dipsh*t.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

Hahahahahaha Good luck man

Old 10-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master

I dont claim SC. Military brought me here. If you could read next to SC it says " Originally FL." But yet I cant read? Dipsh*t.

Yes, of course I saw that. And half the people in NJ were brought there by their jobs, as well. I have never understood the unbelievable shallowness and stupidity of people who can condemn an entire state out of hand. It's just unfathomably ignorant. Not to mention un-American.

And don't get me started about Florida...home of half the child molestation cases in the country....

But as I said earlier, every state has good and bad. Which part of SC would you fit into, eh? Or Florida for that matter.

Oh, thank you for your service (despite the ridiculous, un-American comments). It is an honorable thing to do, and appreciated. I guess it doesn't prevent you from being a jerk, though (although sadly not alone in that regard, based on the responses to this thread)....

Old 10-04-2010, 09:04 PM
HD&CUMMINS
Banned

Originally Posted by Just-a-Guy
Yes, of course I saw that. And half the people in NJ were brought there by their jobs, as well. I have never understood the unbelievable shallowness and stupidity of people who can condemn an entire state out of hand. It's just unfathomably ignorant. Not to mention un-American.

And don't get me started about Florida...home of half the child molestation cases in the country....

But as I said earlier, every state has good and bad. Which part of SC would you fit into, eh? Or Florida for that matter.

Oh, thank you for your service (despite the ridiculous, un-American comments). It is an honorable thing to do, and appreciated. I guess it doesn't prevent you from being a jerk, though (although sadly not alone in that regard, based on the responses to this thread)....
I used to live up North and I never will again. Lived in Dover,Delaware. Hated it. Went to NJ, and Philly a lot. Never will move up there. Cold is really what I hate.

The TV shows really dont help. People say dont pay attention to them but all the shows(3 that I can think of, wife watches them) are all the same. Stuck up, trashy b*tches who think they are better then everyone else because of whatever reasons. And looking at the area and surroundings on the TV look dirty.

The NY Jets are also a prime example. Thing they are the best team ever and have that horrible attitude.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master

I used to live up North and I never will again. Lived in Dover,Delaware. Hated it. Went to NJ, and Philly a lot. Never will move up there. Cold is really what I hate.

The TV shows really dont help. People say dont pay attention to them but all the shows(3 that I can think of, wife watches them) are all the same. Stuck up, trashy b*tches who think they are better then everyone else because of whatever reasons. And looking at the area and surroundings on the TV look dirty.

The NY Jets are also a prime example. Thing they are the best team ever and have that horrible attitude.

Quite seriously now -- I have lived in Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, California, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Illinois and New York. I stayed single until I was 44, and spent a lot of time dating etc. In all honesty, the prettiest, sweetest, sexiest, smartest girls I ever knew were from New Jersey. Of course, generalizations like that are always silly, but that's my personal experience, not what I gleened from some TV show.

The stereotype of New Jersey-ites is ridiculous. Of course, there are people like that. And there are people like that, with different hair styles and accents, different clothes and catch-phrases, all over the place. The cheap, trashy use of them by the media is laughable (and the media people are laughing).

New Jersey has some of the best schools in the country, and there are a lot (a LOT) of very fine people living there. It is a highly sophisticated population, living next to a bunch of idiots...like California, New York, Massachusetts, etc. Please don't judge an entire state, or region...or race or religion or any damn thing else, by a small handful of people. It's just a different kind of bigotry.

Sorry, not to get all serious and everything... it's all good clean fun, right?

Come to NY, we'll go for a ride in NJ and I'll show you some nice sites.

Mark

Quick Reply: Moving to nj