General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycles being Targetted at Checkpoints

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 06:10 PM
32vld
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only those with outstanding warrents, illegal bikes, no insurace, expired reg, no MC license, have anything to worry about getting pulled over.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:18 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by 32vld
Only those with outstanding warrents, illegal bikes, no insurace, expired reg, no MC license, have anything to worry about getting pulled over.

Two folks on one bike = three tickets.

1. Both riders with DOT stamped new and nice looking Harley type half helmets deemed "illegal" by LEO.

2. Set of Vance & Hines straight shots with quiet baffles installed deemed "illegal" by same.

No warrants. Full license. No contraband. No BS. I witnessed it as I was just up the road and they came to warn me. I wear a full coverage helmet on my HD (odd, eh?) and have stock exhaust. I turned around since I did not want to be in violation just in case my headlight was misaligned by 3 degrees at about 12:00 noon. Sorry, I have no personal agenda against LEOs whatsoever. But people are people and there are all kinds.

Last edited by TORQUEY; 10-08-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:59 PM
rscalzo
Road Warrior
Received 126 Likes on 77 Posts

Isn't that Like sayin Mexicans must Pull-Over
Yes, because that is based on RACE, hence racial discrimination. The event must be based on either race or the physical characteristics of a race. A special vehicle does not fit the definition.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:36 PM
jaysbobber
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And that's how your rights a get suppressed. ie: Habeas Corpus for anyone declared a enemy combatant. Even if your a U.S. Citizen. Everyone has to worry about invasions on your rights.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:24 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,042 Likes on 17,930 Posts

Haven't been riding long have you ? It shows with a narrow minded statement like that . If the PD go through the trouble & expense to setup and man a check point THERE ARE going to citations written period . This isn't safety these actions are about making a very loud statement at your expense . Can't wait for the details of your first bullshit tag your it by the PD .

Old 10-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Almost every bike is illegal in some sort of way. Not that many harley riders leave their bike totally stock (pipes and all). It's a Harley. That's what we do.

I think it's more of a ploy to check you out for existing warrents and such.
Their "exuse" to check you out, while not having probable cause to do so.
(There are those that deem bikers as criminals.)

Old 10-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Haven't been riding long have you ? It shows with a narrow minded statement like that . If the PD go through the trouble & expense to setup and man a check point THERE ARE going to citations written period . This isn't safety these actions are about making a very loud statement at your expense . Can't wait for the details of your first bullshit tag your it by the PD .
You really need to work on your Grammar. Where's that decorum, dude?

He he! (private joke).

Old 10-08-2010, 08:39 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
You really need to work on your Grammar. Where's that decorum, dude?

He he! (private joke).

Run me out of Kinko's Copies when I went looking for a bigger scanner they had no sense of humor about why I needed one .

You want a laugh look at the BMW is ugly thread I've a dentist hot on my *** now keeps saying " little Man " don't know he keeps talking about my rosco like that in public ..

Old 10-10-2010, 07:34 PM
toothdocthc
Account Deactivated At Users Request
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Run me out of Kinko's Copies when I went looking for a bigger scanner they had no sense of humor about why I needed one .

You want a laugh look at the BMW is ugly thread I've a dentist hot on my *** now keeps saying " little Man " don't know he keeps talking about my rosco like that in public ..
Perhaps little mind is more accurate? You act like you know something about everything but your posts demonstrate your iq. Your little pm was received and I would cherish that moment. Registered?

Old 10-10-2010, 07:44 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by toothdocthc
Perhaps little mind is more accurate? You act like you know something about everything but your posts demonstrate your iq. Your little pm was received and I would cherish that moment. Registered?

Please come talk to me in 20 yrs we may be able to relate then ?

Quick Reply: Motorcycles being Targetted at Checkpoints