General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach Fall Bike Week 2010

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010 | 09:36 AM
Big Pig
|
Road Master
Default Myrtle Beach Fall Bike Week 2010

Those of us who live near SC know that the annual Spring and Fall Myrtle Beach Fall Bike Weeks have actually "moved" around MB to North and South Myrtle areas where we have no issues from the police of elected officials. Because of that we all just stay out of MB, even with the helmet law being overturned and allow them to suffer the monetary loss.

With that said I hope a lot of you are still protesting MB and plan on staying away this week and weekend! That way there will be a lot less traffic, better parking, shorter lines, and more cold beer for those of us that still go and have a blast....LOL.

Old 09-29-2010 | 01:24 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member

all you guys should stay away frig them

Old 09-29-2010 | 01:33 PM
Big Pig
|
Road Master

We DO stay away from them. As I said we will be in NORTH MB and SOUTH MB areas which are completely different cities than MB with different laws, different elected Officials and welcome the at least 50,000 bikers that will be there for the smaller Fall Rally,

Old 09-29-2010 | 01:35 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

You shouldn't have to worry about lines for beers.

During the final Saturday of the Spring Rally, the beer girls at Suck,Bang,Blow, The Beaver Bar and the other place there were standing around waiting for customers.

We got a room, last minute, for Saturday night right across from the bars.

We got front seats for the bands and even had a meal in one of the restaurants with no wait for seating.

F*** Myrtle Beach.

But I hate that the crowds left Murrel's.

Old 09-29-2010 | 02:43 PM
Drivebye
Intermediate

Was going to leave tomorrow morning for Murrell's Inlet, but now have to wait a bit for the rain to clear out. Hopefully we won't have to paddle through Wilmington.

Old 09-29-2010 | 02:57 PM
tcshovel
Advanced
Default mbbw

the past spring rally was supposed to start on a friday I arrived saturday night, and went out sunday to see the sights .low and behold no vendors open (north or south) why?because permits were issued for monday. what gives with the local governments they must not like the income.went out on monday to north myrtle beach and they were still setting up.

Old 09-29-2010 | 03:12 PM
Beak
Road Master

Talked to a couple of vendors at Delmarva Bike week that went to MB yearly for 10 years, one guy told me. "we worked our butts off and dumped millions of dollars annually into that economy(the vendors and bikers) , and helped to build that event to what it was before the Bull Sh-t, and then they did that too us" F--K Myrtle Beach!!!.

Old 09-29-2010 | 04:40 PM
ae4782tt
Road Master

Prolly will head down to Murells Inlet Sat morning and come back Sunday, nice 250 mile ride from here.

Old 09-29-2010 | 05:22 PM
Weevil
Road Warrior

I'll be there from Friday to Sunday. Temps are gonna be great for riding. I should be the only red Fatboy sporting Road King bags.

Besides, some of us have to show the mayor and blue hairs that they haven't completely gotten rid of us.

Last edited by Weevil; 09-29-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-29-2010 | 05:30 PM
bald1der
Road Warrior

I'll probably ride down saturday and stay till sunday. Still debating cause I was thinking about riding out to the Outer Banks. Its still a coin toss at this time.

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach Fall Bike Week 2010