General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decorative Military Covers

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 09:47 AM
tbone52
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decorative Military Covers

Has anyone purchased the decorative military chrome derby, timer, etc. covers? Are they just a chrome cover with a stick on Marine Corps or whatever emblem? What do you think of the quality?

Old 09-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Danester
Road Master
Default RE: Decorative Military Covers

I've checked em out - -great quality, finished product..- - 3m stuff will hold them in place - just not my thing though..

Old 09-13-2006, 10:46 AM
ironhorse
Road Master

I have the derby cover and the AC insert. I think they are great.

Ironhorse

Old 09-13-2006, 08:56 PM
tbone52
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: ironhorse

I have the derby cover and the AC insert. I think they are great.

Ironhorse

Thanks, Ironhorse. I should take delivery of my new 2006 Low Rider tomorrow. I haven't even gotten it yet and I'm already looking at accessories. I like the chrome Marine derby, air filter and timer covers. I might print out a shopping cart labeled Christmas.

Mike

Old 09-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Alias
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the MC timing cover and I get a lot of complements about it. It's the only MC thing on the bike and it's very suttle. "06" Street Bob, Blk Den.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:33 PM
Budz
Tourer

Jarheads, check these out:
http://usmcshop.grunt.com/Grunt/sear...=false&GiftID=

Do a search for derby cover or timing cover, couldn't get the link to go to the right page.

Old 09-13-2006, 11:43 PM
tbone52
Road Warrior

Dangit Budz,

Now I have to choose which look I like the best. Those one's that Sgt. Grit has sure are a good looking subtle look. Not too flashy. Thanks. I've ordered more than a few things from Sgt. Grit. Great place for Christmas presents for my "old corps" big brother - 61-65. He tells me I was in the "new corps" - 71-77. I guess its all in the perspective. Now two of his grandsons are in the corps. Talk about Time-to-do's.

Old 09-14-2006, 12:57 AM
Budz
Tourer

I might have to spring for one of Sgt. Grits' covers as well Old Corps TBone. H-Ds look good but Sgt. Grits seem.... well...special.

TBone, is that an old Super Glide you got your military *** on there? My first scooter was a 1975 Glide'; she may have been skanky, but she gave me a lot of pleasure.

'67-'70
Semper Fi

Old 09-14-2006, 01:29 AM
tbone52
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Budz

I might have to spring for one of Sgt. Grits' covers as well Old Corps TBone. H-Ds look good but Sgt. Grits seem.... well...special.

TBone, is that an old Super Glide you got your military *** on there? My first scooter was a 1975 Glide'; she may have been skanky, but she gave me a lot of pleasure.

'67-'70
Semper Fi
Nope. That's a brand new '75 Superglide. Ordered from Japan and shipped to Rocky Mount, NC to meet me when I arrived in Cherry(less) Point. What a blast. Girlfriend (now wife) was in Roanoke, Va. and then in Virginia Beach. Nice rides on weekend swoops. About 6 hrs to either one. I had to sell it pretty soon after I rotated to Backyard, Louisiana with all of the money I had saved from the major salary I had pulled down for six years.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Cognizant
Tourer

"Swoop"---haven't heard that word in many years, it brings back some great memories. used to run from Lejune to St. Petersburg, FL. and back on weekends in 68 & 69.
I like those SGT. Grit derby covers too, might just have to order one.
Semper Fi

[/quote]

Nope. That's a brand new '75 Superglide. Ordered from Japan and shipped to Rocky Mount, NC to meet me when I arrived in Cherry(less) Point. What a blast. Girlfriend (now wife) was in Roanoke, Va. and then in Virginia Beach. Nice rides on weekend swoops. About 6 hrs to either one. I had to sell it pretty soon after I rotated to Backyard, Louisiana with all of the money I had saved from the major salary I had pulled down for six years.
[/quote]

Quick Reply: Decorative Military Covers