General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

150 horse harly gotta love it

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 10:32 AM
jrr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by craneguy
just got my bike done and going from 60 hp to 150hp hold the F on what a ride WOW!
So what are the horses names, and how do you keep from mixing them up?

Old 12-23-2010, 11:41 AM
sgod1100
Road Captain

WOW..I can't believe how many people like to through their opinions about how 150 hp is "just rediculious" or "there is no way that bike is streetable". To the guys that are saying that- YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. Quit flaming the guy....if he wants to have 150hp congratulate him. Quit talking crap to/at him. Most don't realize that you can have 150-200 hp harley that can be rode everyday ALL day. I'm 30 hp away from 150hp (Just need a cam change) and I ride my bike as much as I can (Just as reliable as stock) without any problems. I just love how everyone thinks they know everything

Old 12-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sgod1100
WOW..I can't believe how many people like to through their opinions about how 150 hp is "just rediculious" or "there is no way that bike is streetable". To the guys that are saying that- YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. Quit flaming the guy....if he wants to have 150hp congratulate him. Quit talking crap to/at him. Most don't realize that you can have 150-200 hp harley that can be rode everyday ALL day. I'm 30 hp away from 150hp (Just need a cam change) and I ride my bike as much as I can (Just as reliable as stock) without any problems. I just love how everyone thinks they know everything
Exactly what got me hot enough to post earlier, those guys would rather play "what song are you listening to" games than talk HP, fk em.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:40 AM
sgod1100
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Trex
Exactly what got me hot enough to post earlier, those guys would rather play "what song are you listening to" games than talk HP, fk em.
Yeah I definitely agree with you! Everyone has their unique taste when it comes to motorcycles/cars. Then you get people that think something is "STUPID" if they don't agree with it. Those are the guys that through on an air filter and pipes and think that their harley is the fastest bike on the planet!! LOL

Old 12-26-2010, 10:55 AM
2011FLHTK
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

You'll save a lot of money on rubber if your front tire never touches the ground.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Splandman
Tourer

Originally Posted by GMbagger
Yeah, the extended arm helps to control the bike and limit wheelies. But on a sticky dragstrip with my tire aired down that bike would **** and get. Best time 8.50's at MIR with a 150lbs jockey. This is on 93octane and it would idle in traffic. Very streetable. Honestly, you guys that like power and muscle cars should be riding these bikes. These bikes ARE the power with reliability, not V-twins. I like HD's, but I know what to ride to play. Another thing, Busa's setup right are comfortable. Not the hunched over position like on most sportbikes.
Good friend of mine has a 75 Z1 bored out to 1200 that does 9.30 on a 160 tire (with bars). Not bad for an old air cooled bike. We ride it on the street but it's not exactly streetable. Overheats easily.

Never ridden a modern liter bike. Would like to know the feeling.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:58 PM
GMbagger
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The modern sportbikes are nice. I bought a Busa because I'm a big guy and didn't want the extreme bent over riding position. I had 1" bar risers on my bike and the backend was lowered a couple inches. Add in a Corbin seat and it was actually a nice riding bike. Not as comfortable as most cruisers, but this is the sportbike world so my Busa felt way better than most. I still say the Busa is the Cadillac of sportbikes. There's even a handlebar conversion for the Busa that drasticly changes improves the riding position. Though IMO it takes away from the look of the bike.

Here's mine before I sold it.

Attached Thumbnails 150 horse harly gotta love it-gmbusa_2.jpg  
Old 12-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GMbagger
The modern sportbikes are nice. I bought a Busa because I'm a big guy and didn't want the extreme bent over riding position. I had 1" bar risers on my bike and the backend was lowered a couple inches. Add in a Corbin seat and it was actually a nice riding bike. Not as comfortable as most cruisers, but this is the sportbike world so my Busa felt way better than most. I still say the Busa is the Cadillac of sportbikes. There's even a handlebar conversion for the Busa that drasticly changes improves the riding position. Though IMO it takes away from the look of the bike.

Here's mine before I sold it.
Isn't there a busa forum somewhere? What are you doin hanging around here if all you want to do is talk about your busa? I don't give a sht how fast it is. Don't care anyting about it, your boring.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:29 AM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Given the loss in durability and sheer cost of getting 150HP out of a Harley engine, why not just trade up to a more expensive bike with 150HP (Ducatti?) - it'll have the frame and suspension to handle that much power too.

Last edited by fat_tony; 12-27-2010 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:19 AM
Turbo ray 44
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2,000 mile month

More than enough horsepower and reliable.
Rolled from san jose to so cal 3 times this month from san jose, hot rod runs like a sewing machine rain or shine.
42 hours on the hour meter since turbo install.

Attached Thumbnails 150 horse harly gotta love it-img_0339.jpg  

Quick Reply: 150 horse harly gotta love it