General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

150 horse harly gotta love it

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 12:04 AM
SouthernGuy8503
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I didn't think your post right after my 1st one was towards me even though I did respond to it but I thought the ones I quoted was towards me. I guess I get defensive pretty easily lol. I don't know if you read between the lines but I don't even have a Harley yet but when I do it will be some things I do on a bike but then some I won't. I won't ride like grandpa going to church but I also won't act like a total dipshit like I used to. I'm 25 now but back from when I was between 16 and about 19 or 20 I was one of those guys in a full size truck that you called an ******* for doing stupid **** lol. But luckily I calmed down after getting my CDL at 20, now I still take off fast but don't go more than 5-10 over the limit and maybe dog it a little but nothing to bad to get pulled over. Especially since now I'm going to try to be a cop so I can't do anything to bad lol.

Trust me I'm used to ignorant people. I'm a redneck that loves Harleys and NASCAR so trust me I get plenty of BS. I used to argue but now I realize it's no use in trying to convince ignorant people otherwise. At this point I could care less what someone thinks of me that I don't even know. So now if I don't know you personally.... 1: I don't care what you think of me.... and 2: I don't know ya so I don't trust ya until you prove to me I can trust ya. And when I say "you and ya" I don't mean literally you, just people in general.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:37 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Get into the 120" range and 150hp becomes easier to wring out of two cylinders.Get into150"+ then you can easily get up into 175hp or more with torque in the 180lb ft range.These big motors are great street motors,smooth as silk through town,on the wick and you swear your arms are ripping out of your shoulders!

Old 12-21-2010, 05:55 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys definitely have big toys! My lil ol 113" only makes 117/122.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:48 PM
GMbagger
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Let's line'm up. I'll give ya 5 lengths and a kick.

Attached Thumbnails 150 horse harly gotta love it-second-version.jpg  
Old 12-21-2010, 09:40 PM
SouthernGuy8503
Road Master

Originally Posted by GMbagger
Let's line'm up. I'll give ya 5 lengths and a kick.
I've always wondered every time I see a crotch rocket with the extended swing arm what the reason was for it? I know it gives an advantage for straight line racing but I guess I never looked it up. I want to say it's something to do with making it not wheelie or at least not as bad. Maybe just for looks for the most part?

By the way even though I'm not a sport bike kind of person, if I were to get one it would definitely be a Hayabusa.

Last edited by SouthernGuy8503; 12-21-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:58 PM
GMbagger
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, the extended arm helps to control the bike and limit wheelies. But on a sticky dragstrip with my tire aired down that bike would **** and get. Best time 8.50's at MIR with a 150lbs jockey. This is on 93octane and it would idle in traffic. Very streetable. Honestly, you guys that like power and muscle cars should be riding these bikes. These bikes ARE the power with reliability, not V-twins. I like HD's, but I know what to ride to play. Another thing, Busa's setup right are comfortable. Not the hunched over position like on most sportbikes.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:25 AM
SouthernGuy8503
Road Master

Yeah, the extended arm helps to control the bike and limit wheelies. But on a sticky dragstrip with my tire aired down that bike would **** and get. Best time 8.50's at MIR with a 150lbs jockey. This is on 93octane and it would idle in traffic. Very streetable. Honestly, you guys that like power and muscle cars should be riding these bikes. These bikes ARE the power with reliability, not V-twins. I like HD's, but I know what to ride to play. Another thing, Busa's setup right are comfortable. Not the hunched over position like on most sportbikes.

Well I think Harleys are the bike version of a classic muscle car. A sport bike is more of a Ferrari just not the price.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:06 AM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My bike has infinity horsepower. I triple dog dare you to beat it!

Old 12-22-2010, 06:04 AM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,185 Likes on 1,804 Posts

Originally Posted by craneguy
well its Revolution Performance 131 cu inch kit with stage 4 heads true 11 to 1 comp. cams are custom grind w/ 282 and 284 duration 790 lift geardriven 58 mm fuel injection custom balanced crank with the counter balancer's removed for less rotationing mass counterbalancers are knife edged so the people that down other people about what they have or are quick to down other people for what them dont understand either cant afford it or dont know how to do it and the people that think it it is stupid for anything over 100 to 110 other guys think your troll for that much HP when there happy with 75HP
Fail out of school before making it to 7th grade English class?
Ever hear of a period to break up a paragrapha so it's not one long dragging on sentence?
"...THEY'RE happy with 75hp", not "THERE happy"...."There" is a location/direction....LMFAO

Old 12-22-2010, 08:04 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Nothing against the crotch rockets,there will always be those of you needing that kind of ride.We dedicated Harleys guys look for something very hard to put into words.I much prefer big inch Harley power for the off idle torque,so much better for the short street battles.The big thing for me is the looks, the sound,the ride position,carrying capacity,above all building my Harleys from scratch and making them reliable is what makes me who I am.No other bike on this planet stirs the soul like a hot rodded V-Twin,for me anyway!You can ride by me as fast as you think you need to.Out on the street you just might have your hands full, especially light to light or in my sandbox.No matter it would still be a blast,it's all about being In The Wind!2 cylinders,4 cylinders or even 8 cylinders.

Quick Reply: 150 horse harly gotta love it