General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

150 horse harly gotta love it

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 07:57 PM
beakerztoyz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

hmmm well, do these 150 horse harleys run on nitromethane??? I once saw some nitro harleys race and umm I don't know y they needed that much power but it looked fun to me!!!

Old 12-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by beakerztoyz
hmmm well, do these 150 horse harleys run on nitromethane??? I once saw some nitro harleys race and umm I don't know y they needed that much power but it looked fun to me!!!
You don't know very much about Harleys do you? Nitro Harleys make from 600 up to over 900HP. Funny all these old lady's jumping on the band wagon and calling the guy a troll. Why don't you guys look at some dyno competion no.s . I've seen street ridin Harleys with 200 plus HP.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:45 PM
SouthernGuy8503
Road Master

Originally Posted by Trex
You don't know very much about Harleys do you? Nitro Harleys make from 600 up to over 900HP. Funny all these old lady's jumping on the band wagon and calling the guy a troll. Why don't you guys look at some dyno competion no.s . I've seen street ridin Harleys with 200 plus HP.

Well I don't know if I'm one of them you're talking about, But I'll respond anyways lol. I know 150 can easily be done with current engines but if you notice he said he'll have the proof but it was first posted 3 months ago I see. I figure if you're going to talk about you have this you have that at least have the proof, he hasn't even posted pictures let alone a dyno sheet or time slip. So that's the reason I said what I said, all was in a sarcastic way lol.

Personally I love performance and if I could have a high HP and high TQ Harley that can still be a daily rider then cool but I wouldn't sacrifice ridability for HP. For me I can't leave anything stock looks or performance wise but to me having a 150 HP Harley is like having a 600 HP Camaro for a daily driver. It can be done of course (hell with the new Camaro all you gotta do is slap on a Procharger Supercharger) but it's useless if you're not going to use it for what it's attended for. Now from his post he still hasn't said the bike is for racing which means you have to assume it's for a daily rider.

But hey if he's telling the truth and not just BSing then cool, if not then it's just someone trying to show off something on the internet they don't have.

Last edited by SouthernGuy8503; 12-20-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:14 PM
beakerztoyz
Tourer

Your right Trex I am kinda new to Harleys, I do however remember the guys at the drags tellin me each cylinder made about 400 horsepower. I was kind of laughing when i wrote that because someone else earlier said they didn't know y anyone would need a harley with 150 hp and I thought i don't know y those guys on the nitro bikes need 800.
In reality I have no clue how hard it is to make that much horsepower, but i just about ordered an ultima crate motor with 140 hp so i wouldn't think it would b too hard if u knew what u were doing.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:25 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by busij44
Chuck ain't skeered of nothin'
WRONG

Chuck is skeered of me.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:41 PM
Trex
Road Master

Tell you the truth I didn't notice how old the post was, but what gets me is how fast people here like to say a guy is full of sht. If I was him and I was feelin really good about the new found power I had and decided to tell other Harley riders about it figuring I get some nice reponses and heard some of the sht said, I would say fk em and would not respond either. I'm doin a build after the first of the year and love performance Harleys, but have seen how some of you respond when a guy says he likes to wheelie or do burnouts or whatever. I've been riding Harleys since '74 and always rode that way when conditions were right, seems like nowadays Lotta HD riders are PC old ladys.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:02 PM
GMbagger
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine had 287HP at the wheel but it had a hair dryer helping it. It wasn't a twin either.. lol

Old 12-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Trex
Road Master

These are just a few from just one site. Wood Perf. A little 98ci is making over 170hp at the wheel

Attached Thumbnails 150 horse harly gotta love it-tc124tw72g-173.jpg   150 horse harly gotta love it-tc93tw68.jpg   150 horse harly gotta love it-rt150.jpg   150 horse harly gotta love it-tc98tw75g-1.jpg  
Old 12-20-2010, 11:27 PM
SouthernGuy8503
Road Master

Tell you the truth I didn't notice how old the post was, but what gets me is how fast people here like to say a guy is full of sht. If I was him and I was feelin really good about the new found power I had and decided to tell other Harley riders about it figuring I get some nice reponses and heard some of the sht said, I would say fk em and would not respond either. I'm doin a build after the first of the year and love performance Harleys, but have seen how some of you respond when a guy says he likes to wheelie or do burnouts or whatever. I've been riding Harleys since '74 and always rode that way when conditions were right, seems like nowadays Lotta HD riders are PC old ladys.
These are just a few from just one site. Wood Perf. A little 98ci is making over 170hp at the wheel

Well I'm not automatically thinking the guy is full of **** but it's just what I'm getting. I wouldn't assume he's full of **** right off the bat when it was first posted like some others did and I also wouldn't ask for proof right away. That was my first comment on this post so it had been 3 months already so that's why my first comment was a sarcastic one. Now if I come on here saying what I have like that I might not have actual proof but I'd get it asap. That guy also said he would get proof not long after he posted this but he didn't. So I've learned that you shouldn't assume, if I do assume I at least go by other's actions so I have something to go off of.

So again I know 150 can be done with no problem these days with modern technology, but when you come on here saying you have something and can't show any proof not even pictures then one has to wonder.

Also the other stuff I said was just my personal preference, I can't stand stock but I don't really try getting more than I need for the application. For example when I do get a Harley it will be a normal daily rider, won't be stock but I will want it to be ridable so maybe little things but nothing to major. SE big bore kit at the most. And like I said 150 HP on a Harley is basically like a 600 HP V8, so since I'm a Chevy guy that would be like a 600 HP Camaro. for a 2010 Camaro all I'd have to do is put on a Procharger Supercharger so it wouldn't be take a lot to get 600 but in order for me to put a supercharger on a car that means I'd run it on the track. For just a daily driver fun car to drive an exhaust and a couple little things would be fine. That's just me personally even though it probably doesn't matter lol.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Trex
Road Master

Southernguy, you seem to think I was singling you out and I wasn't, in fact your sarcastic post was minor. I guess I was just venting over a couple things that bug me. One is how guys will gang up on someone quickly on this site. And another really had nothing to do with this topic but has been buggin me so I threw it in. Seems in the old days all the HD riders were kinda rough individuals but good guys that all knew how to work on thier bikes and liked to ride the hell outa them. On this site in the past I've seen guys say stupid crap like anything over the speed limit is crazy, or doin wheelies is crazy. Sad to see whats become of some HD riders. We didn't and don't ride crazy through traffic terrorizing the public but when conditions are right we like to RIDE. Some of these old ladys should be on scooters.

Quick Reply: 150 horse harly gotta love it