General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I guess I won't get invited back....

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 06:11 AM
JollyRogers
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nicely done. I was shopping a BMW at Morton's in Fredericksburg, VA. I was looking at a couple of the bikes, and the sales guy started helping me. He was going over all the features of the bike I was looking at. In the process, he started bashing Harley, for whatever reason. Finally was like, thanks heard enough and left. Some people just have no respect and that guy forever lost a sale from me (my wife was actually pissed). I say ride whatchya got!

Old 09-24-2010, 06:20 AM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At the end of the day we all have the same people pulling out in front of us, bugs hitting us, hot, cold, rain, deer, whatever. I think all brands have some nice rides. To each his own.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:23 AM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 17,542 Likes on 5,081 Posts

Per the title of this thread. "guess I won't get invited back...."
my question, would you want to ride again with that group?

Old 09-24-2010, 06:25 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by grandpawmoses
I wasn't going to mention it but it has bothered me this week & I'm bored anyway.
Anyway to make a short story long, The wife and I went on a charity ride a few Saturdays ago. We enjoy them & try to make as many as we can. Well this one was a little different in that Harleys were in the minority. Probably two metrics to each HD. All went smooth until the end of the ride & we sat down to a hot dog & burger lunch. General chat at my table (eight counting the wife & me). All Goldwing talk, how great they were, how Honda pioneered touring bikes, greatest bike ever, etc. One guy would praise a GW & the others would nod & grut "yeah". I'm okay with that, I'm for each his own. I kept my mouth shut & enjoyed the air conditioning as outside during the ride it was 95+ degrees. Then the enevitable happened, the Harley bashing started. After a few more unsubstainted comments the most vocal guy up & says "Why would anyone with any sense at all buy a Harley?" I spoke up & said "If I told you, you probably wouldn't understand. Harley riders are a bit more demanding of their ride & they have a more acute sense of respect." "How so?" demands the vocal one. I said "Well, for one, I wouldn't sit at a table & start talking trash about Harleys with someone sitting there with a Harley tee shirt on". The table got very quiet, at least until we left.
Although I don't agree that Harley riders in general "have a more acute sense of respect," I do applaud your handling of the situation. You can usually tell when someone is doing or saying something just to be mean or only poking fun. In any case, there was no damage done and I've learned to ignore ignorance.

I've been in an exactly reverse situation while riding my GL1800.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:07 AM
SUPRPIG
Road Master

Last year when asked by a co-worker why I bought a Harley and not a Honda, I responded: "I travel a lot and remember you asking me to pick up HD T-shirts at some cities... I don't ever remember you asking me to pick up a Honda T-Shirt." I guess based on the OP's rendition the old "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" (60's) is dead.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:10 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

least they didn't bring up horns falling off and inner primary bearings

Old 09-24-2010, 07:18 AM
Skrimshaw
Road Captain

My policy is: If you have 2 wheels, I'll ride with you. I ride with a lot of jap bikes. I get asked alot, "why a HD? Aren't they too expensive? Doesn't it always breakdown?"
If you want to know a secret what the best bike is. It's my Road King! Not because it is Harley, but because it is mine. It's MY road king!

Old 09-24-2010, 07:26 AM
dcobra23
Tourer

Originally Posted by Skrimshaw
My policy is: If you have 2 wheels, I'll ride with you. I ride with a lot of jap bikes. I get asked alot, "why a HD? Aren't they too expensive? Doesn't it always breakdown?"
If you want to know a secret what the best bike is. It's my Road King! Not because it is Harley, but because it is mine. It's MY road king!
I feel the same....

Old 09-24-2010, 07:27 AM
32vld
Road Master

Originally Posted by schumacher
least they didn't bring up horns falling off and inner primary bearings
Inner primary bearings?

What inner primary bearings?

I don't need no stinkin inner primary bearings!

Stators?

What ......

I'm tired of these trolls from the Victory forums coming here and stiring up ****.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:31 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 32vld
Inner primary bearings?

What inner primary bearings?

I don't need no stinkin inner primary bearings!

Stators?

What ......

I'm tired of these trolls from the Victory forums coming here and stiring up ****.
I don't hang out in victory forums, I hang out here

Quick Reply: I guess I won't get invited back....