General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Colorado Rides

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 03:54 PM
xldme
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colorado Rides

I just moved to Boulder, Co. bout a week ago and was wondering if some CO bikers can recommend some nice areas to ride in and around Boulder?

2007 Streetglide

Old 09-23-2010, 04:13 PM
RDFXDF
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lucky you, sorry I cant be of much help but I use to live in Colorado Springs and seen enough of the state to know it's one of the best scenic states for riding in America.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Getter
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go west and you can't possibly go wrong on any road you might be on.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:33 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Man, you are in the best riding state in the country. Any road west of you will be great. Take a ride up to Estes Park and ride across Rocky Mtn NP. Work your way down to Vail to Leadville then across Independence Pass to Aspen. Better get to Ind. Pass before they close it for the winter.

Colorado is a beautiful state. When you have the time ride down to the Silverton - Ouray area. Get a Rand McNally map and try to ride every road marked as scenic. That should take care of you for the rest of your life. Good luck and enjoy.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:14 PM
kdichs1015
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

XLD, one of my favorite rides in the state is up Boulder Canyon to Nederland, hook a left on hwy 119, which is the peak to peak highway, then another left on hwy 72, wich will take you back to boulder. It's not a long ride, but a really really good one.

You can also go north out of Nederland, and take the Peak to Peak highway all the way to Estes Park. Then from Estes back to Lyons or Loveland and then follow the foothills back to Boulder. I grew up in Loveland, so I know this area well. PM me for more ride routes, or if you're up this way, I'll buy you a beverage. Always want to meet other riders.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Wallaby
Club Member

Anything west of 25 is good, get over Independence Pass on 82 before it's closed, and take the "million dollar highway" along 50 from Ridgeway to Durango.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ft Collins....to A Hunt Club.

Just sayin...

Old 09-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by kdichs1015
XLD, one of my favorite rides in the state is up Boulder Canyon to Nederland, hook a left on hwy 119, which is the peak to peak highway, then another left on hwy 72, wich will take you back to boulder. It's not a long ride, but a really really good one.

You can also go north out of Nederland, and take the Peak to Peak highway all the way to Estes Park. Then from Estes back to Lyons or Loveland and then follow the foothills back to Boulder. I grew up in Loveland, so I know this area well. PM me for more ride routes, or if you're up this way, I'll buy you a beverage. Always want to meet other riders.

I used to live out there and he just described likely the best ride in the area. The Black Bear Inn in Lyons is a great place to stop to eat. Always tons of restaraunts in Estes too.

Do it now though. Winter comes very early in the high country and by halloween you can have snow in the foothills.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:37 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by xldme
I just moved to Boulder, Co. bout a week ago and was wondering if some CO bikers can recommend some nice areas to ride in and around Boulder?

2007 Streetglide
Look up forum member hagger... lives right around there and knows his way around... he hangs out in the Poser Coffee House thread alot...

Old 09-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by xldme
Here's a couple rides. Copy and save em.

Last edited by Snarly; 09-23-2010 at 07:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Colorado Rides