General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lake Shore HD

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 08:02 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Out of the three times I ordered direct from them, once they shipped quickly and I got my parts in a couple of days. Once they part shipped my order but I recieved a phone call from them to see if it was ok to do so, and the third time they did not have the parts in hand and had to order them from Harley (I was told the part was backordered, but I know that they sell directly from the Harley parts list and they cann't possibly keep one of everything on the shelf). Overall I can not complain, at least if there is a problem with the order you will be notified.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:07 PM
SeeNoSun
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
all these dealers just forward you order to h.d. they never sell item from stock unless its old, they just call h.d and have them order it than they reship to you
Sorry but that is just not true. I needed a part that i broke and no local dealer (about 10 dealers) i called had it in stock. Called Bruce Rossmeyer in Fla. thinking they are big and I might get lucky. Not in stock. I tried Zanotti's but still no go.

I was looking at 7-10 days to get back on the road.

I called Bill at LSHD1.com and he had three in stock. He shipped overnight and I was on the road the next day.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:56 AM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Been Dealing with them for over two years. 100% happy with there service. Have gotten parts in 3days average time 7-10 days. Some times longer if the part is back ordered. But they will ship out a partial order of whats in stock. This would be the same if I ordered from my local dealer. They pack your order well. Never got a damaged package. I've ordered every thing Oil,filters,Batteries,Touch up paint ,Bling, To a screw I lost or boggered up. If you got the part numbers. You can order almost any thing you need for your bike. From a screw,nut, to a engine. Even a helmet. Bill , June Sparks and Nick Are great people to deal with. Like I said some parts may be back ordered by the Motor Company. As the Motor Company has cut down on inventory and will order from the vender. But this would also happen from your local dealer. I spent thousands with them. Very pleased with them.

Last edited by carlo; 09-24-2010 at 05:04 AM.