General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hit from behind

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorney
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks! Soft tissue damage at times can be worse then broken bones. You may not think you have a long term health issue and let it go then realize a year or two later you have a problem. Make sure you know what the statute of limitations is in your state and if you think you may have some health issues as a result of this accident you need to start a claim before the statute runs out. We get calls from all over the US from bikers who didnt want to sue and when they realized there were some long term health issues the statute had run out.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:40 PM
dmercy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<whew> Glad to read that you're ok! In PA, it's no-fault, so it really almost doesn't matter if the other guy has insurance or not - unless you need to sue for pain/suffering.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Chief1297
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 27,880 Likes on 10,883 Posts

Glad you are OK and kudos on the suppression of your urge to rip his friggen head off...OK that was my urge but still glad you are OK.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:22 PM
obonaven
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess that big mess is gonna be all your fault because you were not wearing a helmet...

Old 09-23-2010, 02:38 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 28 Posts

Glad you're basically OK.

One of the things that they hammered into us in the state Motorcycle Safety Course I took was to ALWAYS be in 1st gear whenever you stop, ALWAYS keep an eye in your rear-view mirror, and ALWAYS have an escape route. Getting rear ended at a stop (red light, stop sign, toll, booth, etc., etc.) is very common, but can often be avoided if you pay attention. So, it's something that's just about automatic for me, any time I stop. I'm not saying that OP did anything wrong - I'm just sayin'...

Old 09-23-2010, 07:30 PM
edilgdaor
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,502 Likes on 3,314 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG

One of the things that they hammered into us in the state Motorcycle Safety Course I took was to ALWAYS be in 1st gear whenever you stop, ALWAYS keep an eye in your rear-view mirror, and ALWAYS have an escape route. Getting rear ended at a stop (red light, stop sign, toll, booth, etc., etc.) is very common, but can often be avoided if you pay attention. So, it's something that's just about automatic for me, any time I stop. I'm not saying that OP did anything wrong - I'm just sayin'...
I got rear-ended in second gear. 30mph is too fast for first gear.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:02 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG

Originally Posted by edilgdaor
I got rear-ended in second gear. 30mph is too fast for first gear.
OP was STOPPED, which is the scenario I was referring to...

Old 09-23-2010, 08:18 PM
pibpd905
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't believe the officer didn't know about an update in the law. But he had to ask if you were wearing helmet because it is on the Accident Form. All the info is sent to the State and then Fed Govt. to be cateloged. Same with: Seatbelt, Road Conditions, Lighting Conditions, Type of Area, Traffic Volume, ect.

Them government guys love to count stuff, just in case someone wants the info for some study someday.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:29 PM
1957buick
Club Member
Received 209 Likes on 161 Posts

Glad youre ok youre lawyer should tell them if u hurt. New scoot for sure

Old 09-23-2010, 08:33 PM
1957buick
Club Member
Received 209 Likes on 161 Posts

GET A COPY OF THE ACCIDENT REPORT! In new jersey u can get the overlay at the local police dept that has the questions the leo put on the report. and yes u can have it changed or at least have youre dispute to the report put on file.

Quick Reply: Hit from behind