General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange seeing no helmets

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 01:10 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FastHoss
As a matter of fact,we would like more " pics" of the blonde (.)(.)

Thank God, SOMEone's got his priorities straight!

I'll see what I can rustle up that won't put me on the receiving end of GG's whip...but come to think of it, that might not be a BAD thing...

Old 09-24-2010, 02:21 PM
DocTkd
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ride for the experience and thrill of the ride. I must wear a helmet where I live in The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia. However, when I can ride without a helmet I usually ride without it. It's a personal choice. What I take issue with is others preaching that, well you must be mentally impaired if you don't wear one because they wear one. Say what you will, but if I was all that worried about my safety I wouldn't ride a motorcycle.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Blargh
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why is one "worried about safety" if they wear a helmet (as if worrying about safety is a bad thing?)

do you look both ways before crossing the street? We'll all be dead soon enough, I don't fault anyone for trying to delay the inevitable

I think it should be the rider who chooses - but I still have to laugh when people argue that not wearing a helmet is as safe (or even safer)... again, I support the choice but can't quite get onboard with the stupid arguments that a human skull = protection of a helmet + human skull

Old 09-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Stubby3492
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Blargh
I think it should be the rider who chooses - but I still have to laugh when people argue that not wearing a helmet is as safe (or even safer)... again, I support the choice but can't quite get onboard with the stupid arguments that a human skull = protection of a helmet + human skull
Ya, I would have to agree with this.

Not trying to change the topic here, but what I find interesting is that in the US a lot of riders always always carry a gun for their safety, while riding around with out helmets.

I don't have a problem with packing a gun where its legal, but I just don't get the logic.

Old 09-24-2010, 03:20 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 09-24-2010, 04:06 PM
harleyriv
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
I'm not surprised to see that creative thinking/originality isn't your strong suit...but don't fret, the world needs followers, too...
I ain't fretting, just sparing your blushes.......

Old 09-24-2010, 04:45 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

This is great. Now we have carrying a concealed firearm entered into the discussion.

I'm calling my senator first thing Monday and asking him to introduce legislation that would outlaw wearing helmets in all fifty states. No more freedom of choice in this matter. No more silly and preachy posts by the ones who are so frightened and prejudiced that they should not be riding anyway.

In Texas, freedom of choice means either flour or corn tortillas, your choice.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:29 PM
harleyriv
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by txfxstrider

"...No more silly and preachy posts by the ones who are so frightened and prejudiced that they should not be riding anyway...."
What do you mean by this? Is it not just as prescriptive as the notion you so abhor....

Old 09-24-2010, 05:41 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyriv
I ain't fretting, just sparing your blushes.......

I'm not sure congrats are in order, but that's the first time I've seen a man work the word "blushes" into a motorcycle forum...don't let it happen again, and we'll let you keep your man card...just this once...

Old 09-24-2010, 05:46 PM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
All the other guys here compliment me on the blonde in my sig pic, and YOU'RE fixated on MY personal style?

This ain't THAT kind of forum, Sweet Pea...
I was going to comment on the blonde in your sig pic, but was afraid she looked good only because she's standing next to that brunette chick...couldn't tell for sure - feel free to post more pics of the blonde (no more of the brunette cougar though thx)

I couldn't be less concerned with your "style" if you have one. It is you, not I, who are criticizing the equipment/clothing choices of other riders

Quick Reply: Strange seeing no helmets