General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange seeing no helmets

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 02:14 AM
jcbii
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjg883c
As I have posted many, many times, I don't care if anyone wears, or doesn't wear a helmet.
I'm just sharing my experience. And that doesn't include being 'scared' to ride without a helmet. Why would I be 'scared'? I have never suggested that anyone wear a helmet. My only objective is to clarify the issue for people that don't seem to really understand the downside of a crash with no helmet.

I 'grew up' years ago and I never 'preach'.

It is news to me that some people feel they are being 'put down' for not wearing a helmet? I have never seen those posts. But people shouldn't do that. And if anyone is frightened by reading posts that cause them to think about bad things that might happen, there might not be a reason to worry. Quite often a head injury results in immediate death, or leaves a brain so scrambled the rider might never know what has happened.

I believe in freedom of choice. But to be truly 'free' a person should make their choice understanding more of what can happen. And since there are people that still post things like "It's my choice to live or die, so every body STFU", it indicates to me that a lot of people really don't understand the possible ramifications of a head injury.

Ron
Ron, I agree. I have friends who work in the medical profession and I've heard all sorts of stories regarding motorcyclists who were involved in accidents and weren't wearing a helmet. But I also believe in freedom of choice. If you want to ride without a helmet, then do it. Just don't ask me to pay for it. That's all.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:03 AM
Stubby3492
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now there's a helmet for those who don't want to look like their wearing one.
But your head might look so big that people are going to feel real sorry for your mother. lol

Attached Thumbnails Strange seeing no helmets-custom-helmets-04.jpg  

Last edited by Stubby3492; 09-24-2010 at 05:09 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:24 AM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by harleyriv
Opinions?...pomposity?.....boneheadedness?.....Tha t's life..
Well, sure. As anybody from "The Real World" would know.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:53 AM
harleyriv
Road Master

Originally Posted by WWECOUGAR
Well, sure. As anybody from "The Real World" would know.
Absolutely.........

Old 09-24-2010, 09:46 AM
BugDr
Road Master

Originally Posted by jcbii
Ron, I agree. I have friends who work in the medical profession and I've heard all sorts of stories regarding motorcyclists who were involved in accidents and weren't wearing a helmet. But I also believe in freedom of choice. If you want to ride without a helmet, then do it. Just don't ask me to pay for it. That's all.
+1 I totally agree with the freedom of choice. Wear one or not, just keep your medical premiums current so I don't have to wind up with higher premiums from insurance companies due to the increased medical charges from hospitals to pay for uninsured patients. And yes I know that increased medical charges are not totally due to uninsured patients, but they are a big factor.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:21 AM
bentryder
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,474 Likes on 2,213 Posts

[quote=BugDr;7327563]+1 I totally agree with the freedom of choice.

There....i fixed it for ya.......you are welcome.......freedom of choice is all that need be said........

Old 09-24-2010, 11:03 AM
BugDr
Road Master

[quote=bentryder;7327703]
Originally Posted by BugDr
+1 I totally agree with the freedom of choice.

There....i fixed it for ya.......you are welcome.......freedom of choice is all that need be said........
Just keep your premiums up to date.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:36 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
All the other guys here compliment me on the blonde in my sig pic, and YOU'RE fixated on MY personal style?

This ain't THAT kind of forum, Sweet Pea...
As a matter of fact,we would like more " pics" of the blonde (.)(.)

Old 09-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Captain Chaos
Road Master
Received 955 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by BugDr
+1 I totally agree with the freedom of choice. Wear one or not, just keep your medical premiums current so I don't have to wind up with higher premiums from insurance companies due to the increased medical charges from hospitals to pay for uninsured patients. And yes I know that increased medical charges are not totally due to uninsured patients, but they are a big factor.

Some idiot cracks his brainless skull open and ends up w/ a $500,000+ medical bill and It will affect your medical premium as well as mine.

I fully believe in freedom of choice. I just wish there were enough people w/ the mental fortitude to make the obviously superior choice.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:58 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyriv

....and to be polite I guess I'll hail to yours......

I'm not surprised to see that creative thinking/originality isn't your strong suit...but don't fret, the world needs followers, too...

Quick Reply: Strange seeing no helmets