General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange seeing no helmets

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 03:54 AM
harleyriv
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
I should never have engaged in a battle of wits with an unarmed man...

I suppose I deserve to be bored by your unimaginative retorts, but I will refrain from saying that I think you've hit bottom, because I'm fairly certain you'll grab a shovel and start digging...
....oh of course... recycling quotations from Wilde.....now that's imaginative...silly me.
The shovel awaits you....

Old 09-25-2010, 07:14 AM
JR-Boston
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting back on track here...

I was riding in Maine a few weeks back when a van (left turner) pulled out in front of me; broken arm/wrist/hand, lacerations, & road rash (thru a Kevlar shirt). I was laid out in the road, and witnesses were surprised to see me roll over, sit up, then slowly get up & walk to the side of the road. Locals were actually surprised I was wearing a helmet. I hope they made the connection.

JR
(on the mend)

Old 09-25-2010, 07:15 AM
Cabocarl
Tourer

Originally Posted by harleyriv
....oh of course... recycling quotations from Wilde.....now that's imaginative...silly me.
The shovel awaits you....
You must be related to my wife. She loves to argue about anything too.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:17 AM
Cabocarl
Tourer

Originally Posted by JR-Boston
Getting back on track here...

I was riding in Maine a few weeks back when a van (left turner) pulled out in front of me; broken arm/wrist/hand, lacerations, & road rash (thru a Kevlar shirt). I was laid out in the road, and witnesses were surprised to see me roll over, sit up, then slowly get up & walk to the side of the road. Locals were actually surprised I was wearing a helmet. I hope they made the connection.

JR
(on the mend)
You would have gotten up quicker without a helmet.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:39 AM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master

Originally Posted by Cabocarl
LMFAO!!

Old 09-25-2010, 08:33 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by Cabocarl

Ding, ding, ding, ding. We have a WINNER!

Old 09-25-2010, 08:49 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
I was being polite...he can ride side saddle for all I care, long as he stays on his own side of the street, and stops expressing interest in what's fashionable for me to wear.

Friend of yours?
HDF general chat is purely entertainment to me, not about friends or not-friends

most of the nonsense back-n-forth probably wouldn't happen in real life, I suspect most of us would get along just fine over beer and wings.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member

Nobody with any common sense is going to dispute that wearing a helmet is safer than not wearing one. If they do, they deserve as much chastising as they wish to stick around for. When some pompous *** posts something that's totally without fact and irrelavent as the following is what the problem is.

Originally Posted by harleyriv
I always ride with a helmet, and anyone who chooses not to wear one, as a signifier of personal freedom, is a hapless participant in a reactionary cohort whose misplaced confidence in their collective abilities to avoid injury through riding style, compromises both themselves and other road users.......just sayin'
Moving forward, this jackass assumes he knows why I (and anyone else) doesn't wear a helmet. His next mistake is assuming to know how I (and anyone else) feel about their riding ability. His final mistake in his post is saying that not wearing a helmet compromises others. Again, total bullshit.

Get over yourself pal. You aren't any better than anyone else, no matter what you think in your own little world.

Last edited by Ratster; 09-25-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:44 AM
harleyriv
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ratster

"....Get over yourself pal. You aren't any better than anyone else, no matter what you think in your own little world...." etc etc....
Talk about pomposity...Where did this little hissy-fit outburst emerge from?...and just for the record I'm anything but your pal, not even over beer and wings. Incidentally, just a word of advice....playing to the gallery....always a sign of weakness.....

Old 09-25-2010, 11:06 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

but they're really tasty

Quick Reply: Strange seeing no helmets