General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What part of "DO NOT WASH!" dont you understand?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure it's a proscecutable offense in Missouri. And please don't get the kid who washed it in trouble. Anybody with that job probably needs it pretty badly.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by petemac
Because there is very little communication between the service writer and the techs. I've had the same thing happen back when I used to take the bike to the dealer(no more). They have some 20 year old kid making min wage "washing" the bikes with the same dirty rag all day. Makes you cringe!
That's almost as bad as the time the local dealer was having some anniversary event and Hooters girls were washing bikes.

One dropped the rag on the ground, picked it up and went back to washing the bike!!!! Glad is wasn't mine.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

Bike (or car) dealers usually don't do good washes. It's in their training.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Doug45601
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Unome
That's almost as bad as the time the local dealer was having some anniversary event and Hooters girls were washing bikes.

One dropped the rag on the ground, picked it up and went back to washing the bike!!!! Glad is wasn't mine.
That's the reason I never have the local highschools kids do my car or bike wash... although I like to support their reasons for making the money... ya just can't trust the skill, water, soap, dirty rags for cleaning and drying..

Their intentions are good but my clear coat paint jobs don't want to be scratched off..

The bike shop doing your tire change didn't follow your instructions!!!! You have a right to bitch and should be compensated!!!

Old 09-21-2010, 01:59 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

The sad thing is, if they would have given your bike back with greasy hand prints on the rim and fender, you probably would have thrown a fit about it too.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Next time do like I do and take all the proper cleaning supplies with you along with written instructions on how to clean your bike. I also interview the person who will be doing the washing to be sure they are well trained and competent.

Last edited by carpetride; 09-21-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:03 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Like those Bikini Bike Washes ... You just want to get some photo's of scantily clad babes washing your bike. They spray your seat down real good so your *** can be soggy.... Nobody washes mine either. If they got totaly naked and soaped up ... well who could resist that.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:08 PM
DoubleJ74
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would you ride home with a wet ***? Sheesh find some freaking paper towels and dry off your damn seat. I agree that they should not have washed your bike though.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

There are a FEW, VERY FEW, dealers who wash your bike with good results. I always ask and ensure it is listed on the work order and highlited, DO NOT WASH! I have never had good results and always ended up with scratched up chrome or worse. I usually only take my bike in once in its lifetime and that is for the 1000 mile, and at that I still do my own fluids. 1000 mile less fluids and the initial TTS Master Tune on my new bike which is my first injected bike and then it will likely never see a Dealers Service bay again while I own it.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't get it. They washed your bike for you and you're upset because your butt got wet?

I'm speechless.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:18 PM
GrimmRider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carpetride
The sad thing is, if they would have given your bike back with greasy hand prints on the rim and fender, you probably would have thrown a fit about it too.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Next time do like I do and take all the proper cleaning supplies with you along with written instructions on how to clean your bike. I also interview the person who will be doing the washing to be sure they are well trained and competent.
Seriously?

Quick Reply: What part of "DO NOT WASH!" dont you understand?