General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

review your harley

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 11:44 AM
midnight2005
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default review your harley

I don't know about everybody else but I research alot of things I buy and the easiest way to do so is to read reviews from consumers that have purchased the product. This thread is mostly for the admins here. Maybe we can have a whole catagory where you can review the bike you bought. List the pros and cons, how big you are and what you do with it. and if it was worth what you paid for it. Maybe what you would change and what not.

What do you guys think? Being Harley Davidson forums, I think we should be the most helpful to others in this catagory and anybody googling Harley Davidson review should find this sight. and it will also help Harley to make improvements to the next generation of bikes.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:00 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,240 Likes on 22,615 Posts

You start by giving us your review of your bike..
How's that sound?

Old 09-19-2010, 12:00 PM
gforce29
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto

Old 09-19-2010, 12:48 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

I like mine

Old 09-19-2010, 12:55 PM
midnight2005
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do not want to start with the review here. I think there should be a catagory for touring, dyna, and sporty. something like that. Maybe even go into more detail like road king, Street glides. something that would be easy to find if someone was looking to buy a fat bob and he could see specific reviews on a fat bob and not have to wade through the sporty and touring bikes to find maybe one or two reviews out of a thousand.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:57 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

One tread for all makes and models?

The 96B engine rocks.... When I twist the throttle my wheels spin really fast

Old 09-19-2010, 01:09 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,240 Likes on 22,615 Posts

Originally Posted by midnight2005
I do not want to start with the review here. I think there should be a catagory for touring, dyna, and sporty. something like that. Maybe even go into more detail like road king, Street glides. something that would be easy to find if someone was looking to buy a fat bob and he could see specific reviews on a fat bob and not have to wade through the sporty and touring bikes to find maybe one or two reviews out of a thousand.
One could always go the dealer and test ride the bikes.
Everyone has an opinion, and there are magazines.
Every thing is subjective... There are not many definites.

I suppose that it would be easy if there was a review on everything that one wanted to put on their bike, including a review of the various models of HD, without having to type in the search function and as you say "have to wade through everything", but that is the way it is. You could have separate threads on everything possible under the sun for each specific model.

Many come on this site and say;
What's the best, seat, cam(s), handlebars, oil, ect. The "Best" list is never ending, and it gets old hearing it, but we put up with it.

I think for me part of the fun of this site is looking through the threads...
FYI; there are separate categories for all the bikes too.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:49 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best idea man ever came up with...

Do something that has been done many times before, just in a different place...

I like mine the besteses, but it's old. If I were the decision maker at the MoCo, I'd recall all the '99 RKs and do a total restore on them, just because the owner(s) are really nice guys/gals.

Hello? Mr. Harley, Mr. Davidson? Are you listening? Do you really care?

Old 09-19-2010, 02:13 PM
harleyriv
Road Master

Originally Posted by midnight2005
I think that's a neat idea. The 'review section'....yes you can go to a dealer and test the things, yes you can read magazine reviews, but here you have potentially hundreds of owners with info to impart.....putting it all together sounds good, and it would constitute a realistic and objective survey (so long as the wise guys refrained from diluting the results)

Last edited by harleyriv; 09-19-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:35 PM
mswmn
Road Master

Originally Posted by harleyriv
I think that's a neat idea. The 'review section'....yes you can go to a dealer and test the things, yes you can read magazine reviews, but here you have potentially hundreds of owners with info to impart.....putting it all together sounds good, and it would constitute a realistic and objective survey (so long as the wise guys refrained from diluting the results)
I agree. I think it's a great idea. With everything else...you would have absorb the info that will help you...and weed out the crap.

Quick Reply: review your harley