General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Allstate motorcycle insurance commercials...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 08:57 AM
tomt
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I like the slow mo action.

I had State Farm since 87. They just got out of hand the last few years.

I switched everything to Allstate. House, two cars, and scoot. For the scoot, State farm was $450.00. Allstate is $176.00 for the same coverage. The house coverage is what made me move. State Farm this year was going to be $1200+. Allstate with the same coverage, $572.00.

If next year Allstate trays some fuzzy math. I will move on again.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:02 AM
six_strng_slnger
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WWECOUGAR
Allstate was WAY too high for me. It was almost like they didn't even want to insure bikes.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:15 AM
kerrycorcoran
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Progressive with Flo - somehting about her.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:04 AM
John_HD
Tourer

I hate those commercials.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:16 AM
rodnock
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tomt
I like the slow mo action.

I had State Farm since 87. They just got out of hand the last few years.

I switched everything to Allstate. House, two cars, and scoot. For the scoot, State farm was $450.00. Allstate is $176.00 for the same coverage. The house coverage is what made me move. State Farm this year was going to be $1200+. Allstate with the same coverage, $572.00.

If next year Allstate trays some fuzzy math. I will move on again.
Switched from State far 2 years ago after 30 years. Premiums started getting ridiculous. Went from 1100 a year house insurance with SF to 750 a year with Allstate. All was good until this year out of the blue Allstate raised it to 1200.
no claims ever made either. Said it is because the rates are based on the amount paid out in claims for the whole state. Thats bullshit. Am now looking for other estimates. The bike insurance was only about 45 bucks cheaper with Allstate. That was another strange thing, allstate charged me more on the bike because i had a comprehensive claim on my car from a deer hitting me.
Why a comprehensive claim on my car would make my bike insurance more still eludes me.
As far as claims with allstate i had a comp claim that my agent told me would not be covered and i called claims central and they paid it without any hassle. My agent is slower than sh*t when i ask for any info and no help on anything but taking my money. If the prices are anywhere near close i will be going back to State Farm.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

Horrible commercials.

We don't need a visual of others going down. This just ain't the thing that makes me want to call Allstate for a quote.

During the 80's Allstate largely ignored the motorcycle market. They offered coverage, but pricing was outrageous. The motorcycle market has grown considerably and now Allstate wants a piece of the pie. Too little, too late if you ask me.

I have Farmers Insurance. I'm very satisfied with their pricing and claims service.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Harleydog1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have had Allstate 18 + years. Never paid much attention to it until now. We have the house two cars and the bike. Wifey pays the bills and thought it seemed high, did some checking and got a quote from State farm. Half the cost and better coverage.

Seems if you have NO claims and just blindly pay, they will rape the **** out of you.

If I told you the premium we were paying you would not believe me. They blamed it on my location, ya right, we did not move for the State Farm qoute...

Moral of this story Pay Attention, we sure were not...

Old 09-21-2010, 10:48 AM
SoonerSoftail
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate those commercials too! Especially one where the bike crashing is a black Heritage just like mine. I can't watch.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:29 PM
GySgt.
1st Gear

I seen them and hate to look at them, try to change the channel as soon as I can so my wife doesn't see it. I was T-Boned by a F-250 last March, "he said son I didn't see ya!" WTF! He had GICO and I been fighting them since.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:20 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You know, their motorcycle insurance ads really suck. In reality, if you and your bike experience a crash like that it's likely the only ones worrying about insurance will be your survivors. Busting the **** out of a motorcycle in slow motion just doesn't sell insurance to me....I care about good service (especially good service picking my raggedy *** up out in the middle of nowhere when my bike breaks down....and though Progressive ain't the cheapest insurance around, they've hauled me many hundreds of miles without raising my rates...and they respond quickly).

Quick Reply: Allstate motorcycle insurance commercials...