General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad day on the Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 07:40 AM
dv102
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bad day on the Dragon

My wife and I were just getting on the dragon heading south and as we coming into one of the first corners a guy on a buell loses his bike and slides into my lane I had nowhere to go. Ran over him and his bike and got thrown from my bike. Thank God for the hemets or we would have been dead as our heads were the first to hit the pavement. I have a broken arm and my wife has some cracked ribs. The guy that caused the accident got off with a sore shoulder. It took at least 45 minutes for the ambulance to get to us and another 40 minutes to get to the hospital in Maryville. What a way to spend my vacation. My bike is in a wrecking yard and I won't know its diagnosis for a week. I have Progressive and the agent said that if the bike is not totaled they will store it at a lockup in Knoxsville. I don't have any idea how long it will take to repair.

But I still got get my trailer home and my son is not confident to drive my truck pulling the trailer. If any body that lives in the pigeon forge area could store the trailer for a few months or maybe even wants to buy it from me PM me. I am leaving for home tomorrow.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:44 AM
Kumite
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With freedom comes responsibility. In this case some jerkwad did not understand this concept and you and your wife paid the price. I hope he and his insurance company act responsibly and take care of you guys.

r. Todd

Old 09-17-2010, 07:46 AM
harleyriv
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's pretty bad - glad you are both ok.........

Old 09-17-2010, 07:47 AM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member

Received 791 Likes on 384 Posts

Glad y'all are still w/ us. I hate paying the price for someone eleses screw-up.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:50 AM
shiftharder
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First the drunks / then the cell phone cagers and now fellow bikers are taking us out - WTF

Old 09-17-2010, 07:57 AM
gman33
Cruiser

So glad you are ok and very sorry to hear about your bike.....fast recovery to both of you!!!

Old 09-17-2010, 07:58 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I bet he was trying to wave (damn buell riders) and lost control. He shoulda read rizzo's thread.

glad to hear yer not too banged up, shame about the bike

Old 09-17-2010, 08:03 AM
rentalguy1
Banned

Sorry about your luck, but I'm glad you and your wife are both ok. The bike is just a mechanical object. It can be fixed or bought out by insurance.

What kind of trailer do you have, and how much are you asking? I've been in the market for a cheap one.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:05 AM
kerrycorcoran
Tourer

Although un fortunate, I am glad you're doing as well as you are. Hope insurance steps up and treats you right.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:07 AM
casper gomez
Tourer

sorry it happened. i am glad you and your wife were not hurt worse. same for the other rider too. i know he didn't wipe out just to wipe you out, so it was unfortunate all the way around.

Quick Reply: Bad day on the Dragon